Help w/Hotel Choice (using airline miles) Castle Inn vs. Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites

two3jordan

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
Just wanted some quick help. We are going to Dland for our first holiday trip in December with my DH and 7yr olds! Soooo excited! :banana:

We are currently booked at the Del Sol Inn however, I was trying to use up some airline mile rewards before they expire and found that we could practically stay for free at either the Castle Inn or the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites (off Walnut). We are on a budget so this would help free up additional funds for caramel apples or holiday treats! popcorn::

Please help me choose, we are driving, so we have to park our vehicle. Neither option has a free breakfast. We have always stayed at the BWPPI so we are used to being on the Harbor side of things. Any suggestions or help is appreciated!

Castle Inn & Suites (free parking) plus miles fee = $69.85 for 6 nights
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites ($10 parking/day) plus miles fee = $78.68 for 6 nights

I'm leaning towards the Castle Inn, only because we usually stay on that side. I worry about the walk to either with 2 tired kids. Which would you choose and why? Thank you in advance! :thumbsup2

I have no idea what either of the hotels are like but I chose Castle Inn because it looks like a castle :rotfl: Who wouldn't want to stay in a pretend castle for their trip

debating on whether to stay there as well... bumping your thread!

Hi Jazzatola! I decided on the Castle Inn.....crossing my fingers it was a good choice. We will find out in a couple weeks! Good luck with your choice. I figure either way I'm at Disneyland so it shouldn't be too bad, we just need a place to sleep. :)

Thanks Petals for answering above too! ;)

You will be MUCH happier on the Harbor Blvd. side. The Walnut St. area is a LONGER walk and there is not much else (stores, food, etc.) over there.

Hi Jazzatola! I decided on the Castle Inn.....crossing my fingers it was a good choice. We will find out in a couple weeks! Good luck with your choice. I figure either way I'm at Disneyland so it shouldn't be too bad, we just need a place to sleep. :)

Thanks Petals for answering above too! ;)

No problem. Think i'm there just before you so will let you know if it's nice :)

We stayed at Castle Inn last November. The room was recently renovated, we had a family suite with a king bed in the main room and two queens in the second room. I really liked it. Other than some noise from the people outside our room one morning, I had no complaints. We had a top floor room away from the elevator. Our room was very clean. We will be staying there again in December. :goodvibes

Sounds like we should be fine then! We have always stayed on Harbor so knowing that area helps with piece of mind. Thanks all for your input! I'm so excited, this will be the second surprise trip for our kids! We've talked about going at Christmas but they don't know we are REALLY going! :yay:

Arrived at the Castle Inn last night and see no problem yet. Reception is smaller than it looks in pictures but that's no big deal. Rooms are huge compared to what I normally get in hotels but that's a plus :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter