• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! The lights above bed wont turn all the way off Disney Wish

CeCe0906

Mouseketeer
Trying to sleep but the lights in ceiling above bed keeping me awake. They dim, but don't go off. I know I'm missing something stupid. I guess I could remove key card, but won't that turn off AC too? It probably wouldn't bother me much by door, but this is a spotlight right above bed

Help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_230943_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_230943_Gallery.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 11
I can’t help but is there a phone in the room to call guest services
I guess I could try, just didn't really want people coming in, I'm in my pj's. Kids asleep. I just feel really stupid right now. It might be so it's not pitch dark, but it seems like you should be able to choose that, not default. It's just a light switch, I can't imagine calling and asking how to use it. You hold one side down, it gets bright. The other switch dims it, but not all the way I'm used to complete dark when I sleep and these two above bed are throughing me off

I guess I could try, just didn't really want people coming in, I'm in my pj's. Kids asleep. I just feel really stupid right now. It might be so it's not pitch dark, but it seems like you should be able to choose that, not default. It's just a light switch, I can't imagine calling and asking how to use it. You hold one side down, it gets bright. The other switch dims it, but not all the way I'm used to complete dark when I sleep and these two above bed are throughing me off
They won't have to come in, just call GS and ask them how to turn it off

I thought I remember the overhead lights being controlled by a light switch in the hall to the door not the bedside light. Could that be it?

Don't feel bad calling, and you aren't stupid. I'm sure they have gotten all sorts of calls. They have to be used to it. Once in Vegas my friend and her BF had to call the front desk to ask how to use the shower. :laughing:

I thought I remember the overhead lights being controlled by a light switch in the hall to the door not the bedside light. Could that be it?
Now that you say it, I'm remembering some switch not making sense. In fact, I think we did have to ask our stateroom host. I can't remember exactly what switch but probably the one in question.

Once in Vegas my friend and her BF had to call the front desk to ask how to use the shower. :laughing:

A couple of months ago we were in a hotel and I spent at least 5 minutes trying to figure out how to switch the water from the tub faucet to the shower head. I pushed and pulled everything that looked like they could be pushed or pulled but no dice :sad2:. I finally had to give up and call my husband to come in and do it for me. Before retiring he travelled all over the world for his job and has seen every different type of tub / shower combo imaginable. I felt like an idiot though, cuz it took him all of about 10 seconds to switch it. Thankfully he was kind about it and didn't rub it in :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter