Help, suggestions please??

Patrick IL.

Dis Poster
Talking with DW last night. Its possible we might want to spend 2-3 nights at one of the Universal resorts in the spring. I have only been in IOA as a visitor last May. We are talking basically 4 adults. DD will be 20, DS will be 23. Where do we want to stay? How are the rates? Do Universal guests still get that front of the line pass deal Robin told me about in May when we visited IOA?
TY for suggestions ahead of time :)

Patrick

I will tell you that you will be pleasantly surprised. All Loews hotels are great. I would go with the best price. Just start asking more questions and this board will answer.....!

Hi Patrick,

I would get the family together and look at some pictures to decide which theme appeals to you all the most. Royal pacific will be the least expensive with Hard Rock next and Portofino above that. Each HRH and RPR have one pool (RPR no slide) and they each have hot tubs. Portofino has 3 pools and 3 hot tubs. I find HRH's restaurant choices lacking but its easy enough to eat elsewhere. Both Portofino and Royal Pacific have some terrific places to dine!

It's an easy walk from HRH and RPR to the parks and with Portofino you may opt for the water taxi (offered at all 3).

The rooms in the least category are largest at Portofino. Only HRH and Royal Pacific offer a Club Level at this time but that may change by the time you go if you desire that room type.

Honestly all 3 have their charms and service is terrific. Make sure you apply for a Loews First to get a few nice perks. www.loewshotels.com

As far as getting the best rate there are a few different ways to do that. AP, Fan Club Card, Entertainment Book, AAA and also Loews offers promotions all their own.

They are still offering hotel express access!
Personally, I like Portofino best with Royal Pacific coming in a VERY close second. Actually I think I may like them equally just will switch back and forth for a change. HRH is cool but I just did not find it to be on the same level of service as the other 2.

Go here to compare the 3.

Patrick!! :bounce:

How COOOOL to see you on the Dark Side!!

JR told you the real deal, she's our resident expert! For four adults I'd suggest two rooms wherever you stay. Only the suites are spacious enough for that many. But then again, I'm a space fiend so maybe you guys would be fine. My favorite is the Royal Pacific, with the Portofino second and the Hard Rock third. Location wise Hard Rock would come in first though!

Yep, May's trip was so much fun. I saw then that you were a possible convert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter