Help...Stay at RPH w/o special rates?

juandipr

Earning My Ears
Hi; we're visiting USO for four nights arriving Nov. 23. So far, the best I've been able to find is $209 standard view with 4th night free (Entertainment rate is sold out). Through this rate it comes down to $156.75 per night.

I am currently holding a ressie at Radisson Resort at the Parkway for $73 a night, but I'm really worried about commuting time and long lines. Is it worth it to stay onsite even at those rates?

YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!! If you look for my trip report you will see that even though I wanted those discounts, they were not available. I paid about $161 per night with taxes and it was worth that and more. I cannot stress how staying onsite makes a difference and FOTL access cannot be beat. Go with that rate. The Radisson is nice, but it won't give you FOTL and it's not themed....it's just a...hotel.

Have fun, no matter what you decide.

I'm staying at the RPR in Nov. with the Fan Club rate of $146 - that is a bit cheaper. Did you ask for the Fan Club rate?

Thanks everyone! I just got a rate of $111 standard room through Hotel Kingdom. I booked it right away and feel more than happy!!!!

Good for you. That is a great rate. You are going to love it there!

Doin' the happy dance for you.

happydance.txt

Why are the HTML and

Wow! The rates are 118.00 for my dates now, should I switch?! I know I should, but I have been in contact with the Royal Pacific concerning my reservation and they have been so attentive and great. When I wrote to them with my reservation number, they wrote back within a matter of minutes with a lovely letter saying they noted all my requests on my ressie and telling us they want to make our Anniversary trip "magical in Paradise"! When I booked through Hotel Kingdom in August with a great rate for Hard Rock club level - I couldn't get anyone at Loews or Hard Rock to answer emails or acknowledge me in any way before my trip with questions that I had. I know I should switch - $28 a night x 3 is a big savings.

Not trying to argue but 1 night free (25% off) is a special rate. I would think as FOTL becomes more necessary (with Universal selling and giving away express passes) Loews will be able to sell out without having to make as many rooms available on the Entertainment rate.

Originally posted by TigerLilly's Mom
Wow! The rates are 118.00 for my dates now, should I switch?! I know I should, but I have been in contact with the Royal Pacific concerning my reservation and they have been so attentive and great. When I wrote to them with my reservation number, they wrote back within a matter of minutes with a lovely letter saying they noted all my requests on my ressie and telling us they want to make our Anniversary trip "magical in Paradise"! When I booked through Hotel Kingdom in August with a great rate for Hard Rock club level - I couldn't get anyone at Loews or Hard Rock to answer emails or acknowledge me in any way before my trip with questions that I had. I know I should switch - $28 a night x 3 is a big savings.

We just got back from a 3 nite stay at RP (our 31st Anniversary trip). Had a $110 a night Entertainment rate. Upon check-in, they upgraded us to a "pool view" room in Tower III without even asking for an upgrade, but had to wait for the room to be available. A 4:00 p.m., the room was still not ready, so they upgraded us to a Club Level room at no charge. That was great - breakfast, snacks, evening cheese/crackers/wine/beer/etc., and cookies & treats after 8pm.
We received our welcome gift of wine & nuts right after we checked in (free for being a Lowes member). The second nite we were there, we found a bottle of wine, and a plate of white chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary! All this, plus nightly turn-down service with another small gift left each nite! We really felt so special....

The hotel itself really has a "paradise" /tropical feel. Everything brand new and beautiful.

We visited both the Hard Rock and Portofino Bay hotels just to look around and thought the Royal Pacific was by far the most beautiful. Also, very peaceful and restful compared to the HRH.

All in all, it was a "magical anniversary" trip at the Royal Pacific and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

We just got back from a 3 nite stay at RP (our 31st Anniversary trip). Had a $110 a night Entertainment rate. Upon check-in, they upgraded us to a "pool view" room in Tower III without even asking for an upgrade, but had to wait for the room to be available. A 4:00 p.m., the room was still not ready, so they upgraded us to a Club Level room at no charge. That was great - breakfast, snacks, evening cheese/crackers/wine/beer/etc., and cookies & treats after 8pm.
We received our welcome gift of wine & nuts right after we checked in (free for being a Lowes member). The second nite we were there, we found a bottle of wine, and a plate of white chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us with a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary! All this, plus nightly turn-down service with another small gift left each nite! We really felt so special....

The hotel itself really has a "paradise" /tropical feel. Everything brand new and beautiful.

We visited both the Hard Rock and Portofino Bay hotels just to look around and thought the Royal Pacific was by far the most beautiful. Also, very peaceful and restful compared to the HRH.

All in all, it was a "magical anniversary" trip at the Royal Pacific and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

I"m so glad you had a "magical anniversary" at RPR. I can't wait until we go!! I know when we at HRH, the turn down people left kiddie gifts for our kids that they were thrilled with. I didn't realize they did it for grown ups too - what kind of goodies did you receive? Also, how was the club level at RPR? I was not impressed at all with the club level at HRH, but I have heard good things about RPR club level.

Originally posted by p8ntldy
[ A 4:00 p.m., the room was still not ready, so they upgraded us to a Club Level room at no charge. That was great - breakfast, snacks, evening cheese/crackers/wine/beer/etc., and cookies & treats after 8pm. The hotel itself really has a "paradise" /tropical feel. Everything brand new and beautiful.

Now that you've been there, you can see why my family insists on getting RPR Club Level again when we go back in July! Glad they made your anniversary special too!

I"m so glad you had a "magical anniversary" at RPR. I can't wait until we go!! I know when we at HRH, the turn down people left kiddie gifts for our kids that they were thrilled with. I didn't realize they did it for grown ups too - what kind of goodies did you receive? Also, how was the club level at RPR? I was not impressed at all with the club level at HRH, but I have heard good things about RPR club level.

The gifts were just small token gifts: a "silky" lei (I saw one in the gift shop like it for a couple of dollars), a small shell filled with potpourri, and a keychain with a shell on it. Still nice to get a treat.....

We thought the club level at RPR was awesome! Fresh & hot pan of cinnamon buns, croissants, bagels, fruit, cereal, muffins & assorted danish, fresh OJ, apple juice & assorted cream cheese spreads for breakfast. Soda, bottled water, chips, and fresh apples thruout the day. Light evening snacks: pasta salad one night, chicken salad the next. Also, assorted fancy cheeses and spreads. Great assortment of crackers. Wine & beer. San Peligrino water. Late evening snacks: fresh baked cookies (macadamian nut, choc. chip, sugar, peanut butter), assorted sliced fresh fruits, oreos, milk. Of course, coffee & tea all day.

Staffed by two young people who were there to help any way they could. Making priority seating arrangements, giving directions, etc. They had their computer terminals right there to set things up on the spot (also helped with Disney reservations for dinner).

We were VERY impressed by the level of service! (I want to go back......soon.....) You'll have a great time!! Now, you'll really be excited to get there!!

It sounds great! And those are really cool "goodies", wow! If we are offered club level for an upgrade we will definately take it. Did you take any pictures to share?

It sounds great! And those are really cool "goodies", wow! If we are offered club level for an upgrade we will definately take it. Did you take any pictures to share?

I took lots of pictures, but not sure how to post. My forum rules show I cannot post attachments.

I even have trouble replying to posts. I have to use the "quote" button to reply to a post, as the "reply" button is missing on my screen. I've tried all sorts of things suggested, but still no "reply" button. Maybe it's cause I use a Mac.....

That's too bad. I usually upload my pictures to Ofoto.com and then post the invitation in a thread, then whoever wants to see it can click on the link. Maybe you could try that - I don't know how to post attachments either.

WOW!!!! Upgrade to club level at no charge??? I would wait all day if I knew I'd get that in return. Congrats!

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24
WOW!!!! Upgrade to club level at no charge??? I would wait all day if I knew I'd get that in return. Congrats!

No kidding! Waiting was no problem to get that upgrade - but we had to give up that "pool view" . Oh, darn....twist my arm....:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter