Help! Reconsidering split stay

First take a deep breath. Then let go and enjoy. We did split stays at WDW and Disneyland and everything went just fine. You'll enjoy being in a different location while still on the same vacation. You will have a blast as long as you remember when it comes to WDW if your plan works only in the 90th percentile that is a win win win. The territory comes with inevitable speed bumps along the way. Enjoy and go with the flow.

I’m a big fan of split stays to be at different resorts for your trip. I don’t get why Disney won’t let you book for the whole time when they can clearly see you’re staying for one long trip across resorts but the system doesn’t. I think you should keep as is

We prefer staying at one location for our entire vacation. Re-packing/unpacking is a pain and as others have mentioned, you would be 'homeless' for a portion of your moving day. We like to unpack and put clothes in the closet/shelves when we arrive. Dirty clothes goes in a drawer during our stay. Only at the end of our trip do we re-pack in preparation for travel.

Thank you all! I very much appreciate your input and expertise
It’s always good hearing other perspectives

We decided to save the $1100 and also for me, the hassle of stressing over the split stay dining reservation mess

Staying all 10 nights at POR Riverside

I’m so relieved now.

Last edited:
After 10 nights, I think you will want a pool day. Those are two great resorts, and being at the boardwalk is a prime location for Epcot and Studios. Split stays at Disney are so easy. Just schedule a park for your moving day, drop off your bags in the morning, and head to your new resort after the park.

Edit: just saw your comment, not a bad call with saving the money.

We decided to save the $1100 and also for me, the hassle of stressing over the split stay dining reservation mess

I’m so relieved now.
I don't blame you. I could be talked out of a lot of things for $1100. ;)

After 10 nights, I think you will want a pool day. Those are two great resorts, and being at the boardwalk is a prime location for Epcot and Studios. Split stays at Disney are so easy. Just schedule a park for your moving day, drop off your bags in the morning, and head to your new resort after the park.

Edit: just saw your comment, not a bad call with saving the money.
And we still have 2 1/2 pool days scheduled in. Traveling with my in laws and they are happy I decided to “stay put”, ha ha
They think it would have been obnoxious to unpack and pack again and unpack. They are the ones who hang shirts and fill hotel room drawers.

I just emptied my Disneyland suitcase from last month 🙈

I’m so relieved now.

I think that's a good choice. I don't like split stays but somehow end up with them. POR has very nice pools and it's worth $1100 to stay put.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter