~ Help * Recipe ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
I hope you all enjoyed your holiday, whatever you celebrate. We had a wonderful Christmas and now New Years is just a few days away.
Please Help Me....I need a make ahead appetizer for New Years Eve. We do a progressive dinner in our neighborhood, and I picked the appetizer. Any suggestions ?:confused3 :tink:

cheese dip~

1.5 lbs white cheddar cheese (sharp or extra sharp)
1 cup mayo
1 small white onion diced

mix together, bake at 325 for 10 minutes, stir halfway through. serve with bread or crackers, it's very very good!

take a pizza crust (I use Boboli) and spread Alfredo sauce on it. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on it, and some Mozzarella. Top with diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and small pieces of cooked bacon. Sprinke a little more Mozzarella over and bake (with the Boboli it's at 450 for 8 min)
You can make it early, and bake it right before you need to serve it, or bake it and just reheat in the oven.

Great ideas. I will have guests for the weekend as well as the progressive dinner. Anything I can make the day before will:thumbsup2work for me.:yay::tink:

One we tried as a sample at Costco and is now a regular since it's easy and popular - just some Carrs water crackers with a bit of whipped cream cheese spread on top and a thin slice of smoked salmon on each.

Can't really do ahead since the crackers would get soggy but doesn't take long at all.

I'm being a bit lazy for what I'm bringing to a New Year's party though - really good cheeses ( aged gouda, triple cream brie, some aged cheddar) and crackers ;)

Hi Marla! Everyone always loves the balls and wieners I make (sorry, but that's what they are! LOL!) and they're super easy! Toss about 1/2 a bag of pre-made meatballs from Costco and a couple of packages of Lil Smoky Links in a crock pot. Mix together a bottle of BBQ sauce and a jar of pineapple apricot preserves and pour over the meat. You can add some diced pineapple too if you want. Just heat it up and they're ready! It's always a winner at my house!:thumbsup2 Have fun at your dinner!

Cut a package of bacon into thirds wrap the pieces around a pitted date an secure with a tooth pick then bake on parchment paper at 350 til you reach your desired done ness on the bacon. This was my most popular ap when I ran my catering business

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter