HELP!! Questions that really need answers

callahanjulie10

DIS Veteran
I am not sure how this works- so I figured that I should just ask the experts instead of trying to piecemill it!
I will probably be safer this way too!
My family is wanting to stay at DI Bungalows or BW Studios w/ a day bed
on Oct 17-21, 2001. There are 4 adults and 1 child 9.

The rate we were quoted for DiBungalows was $551 (includes tax)- got this rate as a Florida resident pass holder.
The BwStudios was way over my price allowance- would I be better buying points and staying or is this even possible? HELP!!!!!!!1

Hi. Renting points from a DVC member can often times be a less expensive alternative to booking through CRO. According to the points calculator, a Standard View Studio for the dates you listed would require a total of 60 points or 70 points for a preferred view. Most people rent their points out for approximately 10.00 a point. So it would be a total of either $600.00 or $700.00 depending on which view you are intersted in staying in.

You may want to have this confirmed with a more veteran DVCer than me, but I believe you can no longer guarentee a "studio plus" (studio with a daybed) when you book. So, you may be safer staying at the DI. Your only other option is a 2 bedroom, as a 1 bedroom also only sleeps 4.

Also, it is pretty rare to get a standard studio unless booked at the 11 month mark. If you are still considering renting BWVs, budget for a preferred view (which is slightly more points).

Trudy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter