• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Question about Birthday Etiquette

memymomonica

Addicted to Disney and Proud of it!!
We are planning a trip to WDW in December. My daughter and I will be meeting my parents there. My husband is a Marine and will be deployed at the time.

We will be there the 4th-11th. My birthday is the 9th. My daughter will turn 7 on the 27th. This trip is for our birthdays. Some added joy while Dad is gone. So, my question is.......I will get a birthday button on my birthday. But, how do I work it for my daughter. I don't want her to feel left out. Should I....

1) Get us buttons on the same day?

2) Get a button on my birthday and then get one for her on a different day?

3) Not get a button.

I don't want to break any rules, but I would rather just forget it than have my daughter feel left out. I am leaning toward getting us buttons on the same day. How would I explain that to the CM?

Any help??

There are no rules to this. You just pick up a button at City Hall and where it when you want. ;)
We were in a similar situation last Dec. DS turned 7 on the 18th, but we didnt arrive until the 20th. My birthday was the 28th and I was getting a button for that day(DH had forgotten my birthday the previous year...hence the trip). We got one for DS too and he was going to wear it on the 21st(our first full day) and we would celebrate it then. Somehow when the time came, we just didnt feel comfortable doing it. The button says "Today is my birthday", and where it wasnt really his birthday, I didnt feel it was right. It seemed sort of silly advertising somethign that wasnt true. However the Poly sent a cake to our room for my birthday and we told DS it was for him too, so he was fine with that.
But like I said, there are no rules, and it seems everyone does it, so if it doesnt bother you,go for it. :D And happy birthdays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter