Help, please!

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine just told me they are staying at the campgrounds next week and don't have any FP's booked. They didn't know about making ride reservation beforehand. Yikes!

I haven't been to WDW since FP+ was implemented. I have no advice for them other than rope drop. Anyone have any words of wisdom I can relay to them?

Check first thing in the morning before you go to park for fastpass availability..good luck!!!

If they have already purchased tickets and linked them to MDE, they can simply go into their account and book FP+ now. If they haven't purchased tickets yet, I would suggest buying them ASAP, linking them to MDE and making FP+ now. If they aren't purchasing tickets until they get there, they can still link the tickets then and make FP+ for their entire trip or stop at a FP+ kiosk and have a CM help them. Hard-to-get FP+ may not be available right now, but they will still be able to make FP+ for many attractions.

People change their plans all the time, including canceling their FP+, just have them keep checking MDE for FP+.

Update: tickets are purchased and two FP's have been reserved. Tinkerbell meet and greet and Tomorrowland speedway. That's all they could get in the morning for first day so far.

Update: tickets are purchased and two FP's have been reserved. Tinkerbell meet and greet and Tomorrowland speedway. That's all they could get in the morning for first day so far.
Tell them to book something they really want at any time of the day. They don’t need to book something they don’t care about just because it’s available.

They should head to priority rides when the park opens and then use their FPs that they’ve booked for later in the morning / day. Using FPs for Tink and Speedway isn’t really a necessity in the mornings.

Tell them to book something they really want at any time of the day. They don’t need to book something they don’t care about just because it’s available.

They should head to priority rides when the park opens and then use their FPs that they’ve booked for later in the morning / day. Using FPs for Tink and Speedway isn’t really a necessity in the mornings.
I know. That's all they have so far still. Slim pickens, I guess, for next week.

I know. That's all they have so far still. Slim pickens, I guess, for next week.
For a week from today, BTMRR, Space, Splash, Peter Pan, etc. are available for a Party if 3.

Advise them to search for any time of day not just the morning.

For a week from today, BTMRR, Space, Splash, Peter Pan, etc. are available for a Party if 3.

Advise them to search for any time of day not just the morning.
I wish I could just do it for them. I think they stopped working on reservations, got sidetracked.

I wish I could just do it for them. I think they stopped working on reservations, got sidetracked.
You can ask for their login ID and be their FP Concierge. I do that for my CM friend when she decides she’s going into a park for the next day. :)

Not the end of the world. Really it's not.
I refuse to stand in line for longer than 20 minutes, so to me going to WDW without a plan and during the summer is the end of the world. I would never to either. People that go without a plan and stand in 60 minute lines are always the ones who ask me why I love Disney so much because they think it's horrible. But, yes, not the end of the world. Thanks for putting it so nicely.

I've been able to snag FP the morning of during summer visits. some of the bigger rides have single rider lines if they are up for that.

I've been able to snag FP the morning of during summer visits. some of the bigger rides have single rider lines if they are up for that.

To expand, there are three attractions with single rider: Test Track, Expedition Everest, and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

I refuse to stand in line for longer than 20 minutes, so to me going to WDW without a plan and during the summer is the end of the world. I would never to either. People that go without a plan and stand in 60 minute lines are always the ones who ask me why I love Disney so much because they think it's horrible. But, yes, not the end of the world. Thanks for putting it so nicely.

I understand your concern...but you mentioned you haven't been to WDW since FP+ was implemented. It's an entirely different thing than the old system. Plus, summer isn't really that busy, relatively speaking in the world of WDW. We are NOT planners, and we go every summer. Like you, we never stand in line more than 20 minutes, and we get on all attractions, including headliners. FP+ is a thing of beauty, IMO. If they're a week out, they may have a tough time finding things on MDE now. But grab whatever is available. The morning of they should start checking MDE frequently. They'll find all kinds of things. We get FP+ for RnR, TT, EE, the Mountains, etc...just 5, 10, 15 minutes ahead of time, routinely.

So no, not the end of the world. For us, wouldn't even be a blip on the radar, it's how we normally do things. I think the best advice I could offer your friend is to fully learn and understand how to use FP+. If they do, they'll be fine.

Last edited:
I see lots of availability for MK. Just not the mine train and they can rOpe drop that!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter