• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help please

simbasmom

Earning My Ears
Thanks alot for the the reply, we are staying at the Polynesian, we will be there for 8 days and we are only planning on going to the parks for 5 days we would like to do other things around the diffrent resorts. Our dd's are 3 and 10, looking for fun things to do with them we won't be going to the water parks.

Hi again Simbas mom....
I assume you meant to reply to post below :)

I'm unsure of activities at the Poly, but I do know that they also have a marina for watercraft rentals and fishing excursions. The luau is fun too, but these are additional costs, not sure about free activities. Being on the monorail though it would be convenient to check out the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian, as well as taking the boat ride to WL and FW. I've heard that Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is a fun character meal too.....

The boardwalk may be a great place to spend a day, although I've never been, I'd like too...I think it's free, but don't hold me to that.

If you have the time, I recommend the spa at the GF, great 'mom' time to unwind, the facial rules!

Have fun!

Hi simbasmom, and welcome to the DIS!

You won't have any trouble filling up those 3 non-park days, trust me!! My kids just spent 3 days there with their grandparents and they only went into the parks for a short time one afternoon.

They had a great time at the volcano pool and visiting the arcade. My parents went to Cirque du Soleil one night and they got to go to the Neverland Club and they LOVED that. Every afternoon there are craft activities set up and they got to make all kinds of fun things. They also do hair wraps by the pool - a MUST if you have girls.

There's plenty to keep you busy at Downtown Disney, including a kiddie carousel and train, a playground, interactive water fountains and everybody's favorite - the Lego Imagination Center.

If you head over to the Boardwalk (one of our favorite places) at night they offer surrey bike rentals, face painting, fortune telling, midway games, sword swallowers, magicians and the like. You can also stroll around the lagoon over to the Beach Club for some delicious burgers and shakes at Beaches and Cream, or walk over past the Swan to Fantasia Gardens for some miniature golf.

At night you can watch the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach and there's a nice path connecting the Polynesian with the Grand Floridian if you'd like to go for a stroll one evening.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter