• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help please with a last minute plan

krista113

Earning My Ears
Hello, fellow DISers and welcome to my yearly edition of..... let's plan a last minute Disney vacation in May. Every single year, every single year I do this and I don't know why I don't just bank on it! My husband usually has a conference at the Swalophin the first week of May, and every year I trick myself into thinking I am not going to go, and every year we do, how can I resist a free room.

Anywho, this year is a little different, being that I can't get my tickets until we are down there, as we are getting heavily discounted tickets if I wait, and even though I am a planner I can't pass the discount up, so this brings me to my issue. We are getting 5 day passes, but not knowing FP times etc I am unsure as to how to set up our plans.

We are going to be heading to the parks Monday May 4 - Friday May 8 and the 8th is a half day. The only thing I know for sure, is that we will be heading to MK on Wednesday, as I was able to snag a 8am BOG breakfast. Anybody have any suggestions on what days to go to what parks? I am also not against adding a Park hopper to our tickets if need be. Oh and I will be travelling with my 2 nieces 17 and 20 and my two DS's 7 and 4, but my nieces will not be with us on Monday, so I am hoping to do a park that would be easy to do alone with a 7 and 4 year old. (I am thinking Epcot)

Hi there! I think my DH attends the same conference as yours. We will be down there the same time. I have gone the past 2 years and do the parks alone with a 9 & 4 year old boy. Epcot and HS are really easy to do with just taking the boat over. I hate the S&D busses with a passion so we normally drive to MK when we go.

My boys loved the Phineas & Ferb activity with the phones in the different countries. I think we have done 3 of those. Lots to do in Epcot that don't require fastpasses - mexico boat ride, cars playground, passport activity in world showcase during flower festival, character meet and greets, etc...

If you go over at rope drop, you really can get a lot done without any Fast passes. I typically don't schedule and FP until after 11am because I don't need them in the morning.

Have fun!!!!!

Wow small world lol!! Thanks so much for the info, I don't know why I worry so much before, as I usually always end up winging it anyway, but I do love the close proximity to Epcot and HS, you can't beat that!

As far as crowds go, recommended days would be Epcot on Monday, AK on Tuesday, MK on Wednesday, Epcot on Thursday and HS on Friday. I think you could get away with HS on Thursday, unless you want to see Fantasmic. If so, I would change and go Epcot on Monday, HS on Tuesday, MK on Wednesday,AK on Thursday and MK on Friday. I feel like you can get a ton done in AK and still only spend half a day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter