Help please. Union Square SF eating places?

jonahsmommy

Mouseketeer
We are leaving to SF in 2 weeks :goodvibes to see all the Christmas decorations and staying at the Hyatt on Stockton St. I know that we are by Union Square. Other than shopping, what else should we do? Any good suggestions for great places to eat?
It will be myself, DH and DS (age 7).

Thank you so much!!

Johnny Foley's on O'Farrell St for awesome Irish pub food, especially their delicious fish and chips.

Inside the Macy's at Union Sq are two places I highly rec - Hubert Keller's Burger Bar and Top Chef Just Desserts winner Yigit Pura's Tout Sweet. Burger Bar is a bit more up market than your typical burger joint, but worth the indulgence (they have some PHENOMENAL shakes, which DS might appreciate).

Have fun! SF is one of my most favorite places in the world!

You can check out Yerba Buena, the Metreon (there's an arcade and movie theatre), museum, near Chinatown and Northbeach.

Food: Westfield has an amazing food court (the new side), cupola, E&O kitchen, kuletos, Lefty odouls, super duper for burgers

Yerba Buena has one of my favorite spots in the city - Samovar Tea Lounge. They have an AMAZING variety of loose leaf teas and snacks. I love getting a pot and just relaxing in their outdoor seating area.

Thanks so much for your suggestions, they all sound wonderful!! I will report where we ended up eating at. So excited!!!:woohoo:

The basement of Macy's has several pretty good options that are moderately priced. I rather like Boudin.

http://www.visitmacyssanfrancisco.com/dining.cfm

And of course while you're there, why not the Disney Store?

And if you're feeling really adventureous, Shalimar on Jones Street is one of the best known Indo-Pak restaurants in California. It's nothing fancy and has a funky smell, but it's considered really good and cheap. The neighborhood is a little bit sketchy though. The neighborhood tends to get that way really quickly, which seems odd when you realize the Hilton is just a block away. If you're not familiar with the area, it might be best to avoid the area at night, but I've been there at night.

http://www.shalimarsf.com/locations.htm

Check out Sears restaurant on Powell. They are famous for their pancakes, my kids LOVE the smoothies, and we all like to have dinner there. It's a family favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter