Help, please. Posting photos

swanmom

<font color=purple>Victoria and Alberts - Hands Do
Can anyone tell me (a real tech novice) how to post photos that are hosted on yahoo photos?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40

Just substitute picture instead of clipart.

http://198.64.133.85/showthread.php?s=&threadid=239387

And, I think Yahoo uses Geocities hosting which does not allow remote linking. Nor does Tripod, Angelfire and Fortune City, among others. Most popular seem to be the free www.imagestation.com (though quality is marginal at times and free sites scare me for long term duration) or www.worldzone.net ($12 annual fee to upgrade for linking). I use, and like, worldzone. PM me if you need more help. Or just post here for others to help also.

I tried to post a pic in my signature and it just shows the URL. I belong to another forum like this one and I just do
but on here it doesn't show the pic! What am I doing wrong?!:confused:

try adding (
) at the end..make sure you take out the round brackets before and after the square ones.

also, try putting the picture first and then the text so the img and /img thing would be first in your sig box and then last and then type in your text stuff

looks closer now. It may be that yahoo pics don't show here. Try posting your pic on webshots.com

DS saves his pics from geocities in a .txt file and then it will show. Notice the properties from my sig.

It still isn't working. I post to another BB and it has this same coding and my pics always work fine over there. *FRUSTRATED*

it's not you, it's yahoo. Try saving it as a .txt file instead. We were getting a red x when you didn't put anything after the jpg so that was a start.

I'll find out for you and get back to you. In the mean time, if you can't wait, try webshots.com for posting.

It just seems strange - I don't think it's yahoo - because it always works on the other site I post too and it's a forum exactly like this one. I could PM you my password and maybe you could fiddle with it?

Try this first. Go into the directory where you have you picture saved on yahoo. Put a check mark beside the picture and then go into rename. When you rename it, rename it as something with a .txt at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter