Help please! Canceling res made w/ Disney & buying confirmed DVC res

JFDIS

Mouseketeer
Help me please, all knowing Disney folks! Just for fun I looked up confirmed DVC reservations for sale on DVC rental store. I found my exact reservation dates & room for $380 cheaper (3 nights at Poly). Here’s the kicker, my reservation is 4 days from now. I can’t find a clear cut answer for Disney’s room only cancellation policy. What potential problems could I run into changing to a confirmed DVC rental on such short notice? Would I have problems remaking park reservations? Do the rentals ever fall through?

Direct from Disney source:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/
Near the bottom of the page.

Rooms and Packages

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through December 31, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

Dave

What potential problems could I run into changing to a confirmed DVC rental on such short notice? Would I have problems remaking park reservations? Do the rentals ever fall through?
Little to none. Yes so don't cancel your RO reservation until you confirm the DVC rental is complete.

Dave

Help me please, all knowing Disney folks! Just for fun I looked up confirmed DVC reservations for sale on DVC rental store. I found my exact reservation dates & room for $380 cheaper (3 nights at Poly). Here’s the kicker, my reservation is 4 days from now. I can’t find a clear cut answer for Disney’s room only cancellation policy. What potential problems could I run into changing to a confirmed DVC rental on such short notice? Would I have problems remaking park reservations? Do the rentals ever fall through?
Congrats on the great find!! It's like winning the Disney lottery lol

I just did the same thing on Monday (Pop to BCV, same price), and it was easy. I kept my original reservation until my DVC confirmation came through and I added it to MDE. Cancelling wasn't a problem, I actually called and got through within minutes. My park reservations stayed in tact...i was afraid they would fall off since i had a package, but they didn't.

Have an awesome trip!

I just did the same thing on Monday (Pop to BCV, same price), and it was easy. I kept my original reservation until my DVC confirmation came through and I added it to MDE. Cancelling wasn't a problem, I actually called and got through within minutes. My park reservations stayed in tact...i was afraid they would fall off since i had a package, but they didn't.

Have an awesome trip!

I’m excited now! How long did it take after you paid to get your DVC confirmation?

I’m excited now! How long did it take after you paid to get your DVC confirmation?
I also got a dedicated reservation it took less than 24 hours to notify me that the reservations was available. Then it took 48 hours to confirm everything.

Less than 24 hours to do everything. I saw it Monday when they sent out the email (same company as you), called to ask any questions i had, put in my official request via the online form, paid for it (this all happened within the first hour), and then by the next morning I had my confirmation, added it to my MDE and cancelled my original package. It was all so easy and seemed to good to be true that I was worried something would go wrong. It didn't, and now we get to celebrate our honeymoon at the Beach Club Villas.

The person even added our celebration to the reservation.

Have an awesome trip!
Hi there. Was this process easy? Do I call in or is filling out the form all I need to do? Thanks so much

Just realized this is originally from last year.
So info needs to be updated especially since the Park Pass Calendar is a new process.

Last edited:
Last edited:
How can they book DVC reservations?
I just searched the link... trying to research
I would assume they are working with one of the rental companies which handles all the backend work

Just realized this is originally from last year.
So info needs to be updated especially since the Park Pass Calendar is a new process.
This is from this past August, and the Park Pass Calendar was already in play at that time.

How can they book DVC reservations?
I just searched the link... trying to research
They can’t. It‘s the DVC member you are matched with who makes the reservation. DU really isn’t involved other than to point you in the direction of the DVCrenralstore.com. They have a number of DVC members who have made reservations that the renters cannot use, so DVC Rental Store acts as a matchmaker for owners with confirmed reservations and renters.

Ironically, I am the original poster and just used dvcrentalstore again today for another confirmed reservation. The one I posted about in Aug was actually already taken by the time I made my request. The process for the one I booked today was this.. 2 pm made my request online. I originally called and they let me know I just needed to submit the request online (where it says ‘request now’ in red). Within the next hour they responded via email to let me know the reservation was available. They asked if I had any questions or if I’d like to proceed. By 5pm they sent me a form where I gave them our guest info. At 6pm I confirmed payment. Now I am waiting on them to set things up with the original DVC member. They said I should expect the confirmation in the am.

Ironically, I am the original poster and just used dvcrentalstore again today for another confirmed reservation. The one I posted about in Aug was actually already taken by the time I made my request. The process for the one I booked today was this.. 2 pm made my request online. I originally called and they let me know I just needed to submit the request online (where it says ‘request now’ in red). Within the next hour they responded via email to let me know the reservation was available. They asked if I had any questions or if I’d like to proceed. By 5pm they sent me a form where I gave them our guest info. At 6pm I confirmed payment. Now I am waiting on them to set things up with the original DVC member. They said I should expect the confirmation in the am.

Since the DVC owner has to change the name on the reservation, and the lead guest can only be changed by calling, using online chat, or emailing, it could take a little time,

Chat has been unreliable and wait times on the phones have been longer so don’t be worried if it’s afternoon or the next day before you get it. Congratulations on the find!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter