• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help planning my schedule

abby

Abby's Mom
We arrive Friday Jan. 27 at Orange County airport at 4, and leave wednesday at 1:00 pm. Here are my plans so far, any advice would be appreciated.
(It is me, and dd almost 6 staying at the DLH.)
Friday, check in go to DL and try and find somewhere to eat and then watch the fireworks.
Sat. go to DL at opening (IF we can get up) do fantasy land rides, pooh then when crowds get heavy go to CA and do some rides,
lunch at Ariel's grotto, catch aladin, back to the room for a rest, then to DL, parade and watch fireworks and Fantasmic?
Sun. get to CA when they open and do kid rides first, then GGR, go back to room (I assume we will be wet..) lunch at goofy's, to DL, watch fantasmic if we missed it the night before or if we want to see it again.
Monday, Be at DL when open, ride stuff, ride stuff, take a break at the hotel, ride more, see parade, ride more.
Tuesday, Be at DL when open, ride stuff, then go to CA for opening and ride stuff. see block party bash, then DL for the parade again?

Wed. only time to pack, have breakfast and go to the airport.,

I quess I am assuming that sat and sun will be crowded and Monday and Tuesday we do lots of rides without as much time in lines????
well, what am I missing? :Pinkbounc :rotfl:

With just the two of you .. you might not need/want much of a plan and just go ride what your dd7 wants to ride. Since she might want to ride the same ride over and over ;).
Definately read about fastpass, I assume she is the height that she could go on most rides, and that will save you time.
GRR is not connected and neither is Rodger Rabbit.
Ask her if she even cares to see toontown. ;).
You might want to check times for shows.... and ask her what she is interested in. Including the Princess Storytimes, and the Aladdin and Jasmine Storytimes.
You will want to schedule around them if you want to do any of them.
I suggest eating while watching a show... Our group of 5 has a 7 yr old girl in it too ;) We are going Dec 19-23rd so I will let you know what she loved doing, course she is a ride freak lol!
You mentioned doing the "kid rides" first at DCA. If you get there 30 min early then youc an ride Soarin early, then head to Paradise Pier...... does she like big rides?.. you mentioned kid rides, but if she is tall enough she should be able to go on everything.

Also you'll have to do Fantasmic and Fireworks show on separate nights unless you go to late showing of Fantasmic. The crowds are too hard to get through. Fireworks at 9:25 and people sit and park it right on the street around 7:30pm. If you haven't seen the new fireworks show, you want to sit right in the street or on the curb directly in front of the castle and you'll have it in surround sound and it's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter