• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help planning AK day

disneyboy123

Mouseketeer
So will be going with 4 adults and 1 toddler. Planning on rope dropping the 9am opening, hopefully getting to the park around 8am. Currently have fast pass for Navi at 1130 and Safari at 12:30. Not sure what 3rd fast pass should be, but keep checking to see if FOP becomes available.

If I want to rope drop FOP Is it ok to bring a stroller or should I consider leaving stroller in car and take a carrier then go back and get the stroller later? How long does it take to get the parent swap ticket and will people keep funneling into the line while waiting to get the ticket making us further back in the queue?
Also, is it possible to take the whole family into the line including toddler just to see the things leading up to the ride and at the end they can exit? Or is there somewhere they can wait at the end of the line until the first riders get off?
Sorry for all the questions!

So will be going with 4 adults and 1 toddler. Planning on rope dropping the 9am opening, hopefully getting to the park around 8am. Currently have fast pass for Navi at 1130 and Safari at 12:30. Not sure what 3rd fast pass should be, but keep checking to see if FOP becomes available.

If I want to rope drop FOP Is it ok to bring a stroller or should I consider leaving stroller in car and take a carrier then go back and get the stroller later? How long does it take to get the parent swap ticket and will people keep funneling into the line while waiting to get the ticket making us further back in the queue?
Also, is it possible to take the whole family into the line including toddler just to see the things leading up to the ride and at the end they can exit? Or is there somewhere they can wait at the end of the line until the first riders get off?
Sorry for all the questions!

Saw this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rope-drop-at-fop-and-rider-switch.3713963/

Think it will answer your questions.

So lucky me I was able to snag 2 morning fast passes for FOP next week. Talk about right place at right time. Now I have 2 fast passes for FOP and 2 for Navi on my in laws tickets. Question is should I try and get 2 more FOP passes instead of keeping the Navi and just do Navi for rope drop? In laws won’t be riding FOP.
Also, not sure if this is against the rules, but am I able to use one fast pass to get a parent swap ticket as we’ll have the toddler with us, then get another parent swap ticket later on with the 2nd FastPass?

So lucky me I was able to snag 2 morning fast passes for FOP next week. Talk about right place at right time. Now I have 2 fast passes for FOP and 2 for Navi on my in laws tickets. Question is should I try and get 2 more FOP passes instead of keeping the Navi and just do Navi for rope drop? In laws won’t be riding FOP.
Also, not sure if this is against the rules, but am I able to use one fast pass to get a parent swap ticket as we’ll have the toddler with us, then get another parent swap ticket later on with the 2nd FastPass?
Your mileage may vary. For both FOP and 7DMT they often make the people doing the parent swap have a FP.

So I’m trying to sort out my day at AK.
I currently have a 10am FP for FOP and 1130 for Navi and safari at 1pm.
I’m planning to rope drop this day.
I’ll have 2 grandparents, a toddler, and a pregnant wife, so clearly running around ain’t happening. It’ll just be my and my father riding the intense rides.

What I’m contemplating is whether we can head straight to FOP, grab a parent swap ticket, not go on it but head to Navi allowing me to cancel my Navi FastPass, then after Navi use the parent swap for FOP, tour around Pandora, then use the FOP fast passes.

Would this be possible?
Basically I won’t be out of Pandora until 10:30... not sure if that’s efficient?

Any suggestions on where to next?
Priority would be Pandora, lion king, Nemo, safari, character meets, seeing animals, and maybe Everest.
Don’t want to be farting back and forth between lands.

What would be the best order of doing things?

I don't have littles, so not up to date on all the rider swap rules, but I do know they recently changed things, and you now have a time limit on when you can use the swap pass. Perhaps do a little research to see what that time limit is to see if you will have enough time to have one ride on FoP, then Na'vi and still make the time for the swap.

So I’m trying to sort out my day at AK.

What I’m contemplating is whether we can head straight to FOP, grab a parent swap ticket, not go on it but head to Navi allowing me to cancel my Navi FastPass, then after Navi use the parent swap for FOP, tour around Pandora, then use the FOP fast passes.

Would this be possible?
Basically I won’t be out of Pandora until 10:30... not sure if that’s efficient?

Are you thinking of having one parent ride FOP right away and then saving the ticket, or are you saying no one is going to ride, you just want to grab the ticket? I don’t think you can do the latter, I’m pretty certain someone has to enter the line to get the swap ticket. I believe the swap tickets themselves are now time limited, too, and are essentially added like another FP to your band/ticket, so they are assigned to specific people—at least one of whom has to be in the non-riding party originally.

FOP can take a long time, even with FP (the pre show is lengthy, and there’s always the possibility of other delays), so whatever you choose I’d consider how long the toddler and other non-riders would be happy waiting if you do end up doing multiple rides. Maybe they can head elsewhere for a while?

It's possible now to get FP+s for both FoP and Na'vi? I thought these were both Tier 1 attractions and you could get a FP+ for one or the other, not both. Did something change recently? Or have I misinterpreted your post?

It's possible now to get FP+s for both FoP and Na'vi? I thought these were both Tier 1 attractions and you could get a FP+ for one or the other, not both. Did something change recently? Or have I misinterpreted your post?
I have FP Navi on 2 tix and FOP on other 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter