*** HELP - Planning a trip to SeaWorld!

KS929

DCL Fanatic
Sorry, I have to repost here because I got no help from the "Souther California Theme Parks Section"… :\

---

Hello Everyone!… I haven't really spent much time on this side of the DISboards (I usually hang out in the DCL section :3)…

I have always been a fan of Disney trips, but this time they decided to do something different and go for SeaWorld. I've only been to SeaWorld once and we live in the Los Angeles County (in Reseda) so we're really far from SeaWorld.

What we're planning is getting the 2-Day pass (but we're only going for one day this coming Sunday and going back sometime in December). I'm not really familiar with the shows' duration times and the waiting times for the attractions.

Does the whole park open at the same time or is it sectioned? Are all the attractions and exhibits open when the park opens or does it open later than when the park opens?

We would like to watch as much shows as we can, get into as much exhibits as we can, and ride Shipwreck Rapids and Journey to Atlantis, but we only have very limited time. We'll be at the park at around 9:45AM and leaving at around 7:00PM…

I'm in desperate need of suggestions! And if you can please help me build up a schedule for that day, I would really appreciate it!

I also read somewhere that we would need to head to Shipwreck Rapids and Journey to Atlantis as soon as they open because the lines get REALLY long (over an hour wait)… I'm not exactly sure if this is true :\

TIA! :goodvibes :worship:

Sorry, I have to repost here because I got no help from the "Souther California Theme Parks Section"… :\

---

Hello Everyone!… I haven't really spent much time on this side of the DISboards (I usually hang out in the DCL section :3)…

I have always been a fan of Disney trips, but this time they decided to do something different and go for SeaWorld. I've only been to SeaWorld once and we live in the Los Angeles County (in Reseda) so we're really far from SeaWorld.

What we're planning is getting the 2-Day pass (but we're only going for one day this coming Sunday and going back sometime in December). I'm not really familiar with the shows' duration times and the waiting times for the attractions.

When you get to the park, you will be given a listing of all show times that day. For the big shows, i.e. Shamu and Dolphins, you want to be there about 30 minutes ahead to get a good seat. The only wait times you will encounter are Atlantis and Shipwreck Rapids. It depends on the time of day as to how long the waits will be.

Does the whole park open at the same time or is it sectioned? Are all the attractions and exhibits open when the park opens or does it open later than when the park opens?

The whole park opens at the same time. All exhibits are open, unless closed for some purpose.

We would like to watch as much shows as we can, get into as much exhibits as we can, and ride Shipwreck Rapids and Journey to Atlantis, but we only have very limited time. We'll be at the park at around 9:45AM and leaving at around 7:00PM…

You shouldn't have any problem seeing all of the exhibits. You may, however, have to pick and choose which shows you want to see. Again, once you know the showtimes, you can plan your visit accordingly.

I'm in desperate need of suggestions! And if you can please help me build up a schedule for that day, I would really appreciate it!

I also read somewhere that we would need to head to Shipwreck Rapids and Journey to Atlantis as soon as they open because the lines get REALLY long (over an hour wait)… I'm not exactly sure if this is true :\

Yes, these are popular rides, especially Atlantis. If this is important, you should do it early in the day. Also, it will give you a chance to dry!

TIA! :goodvibes :worship:

Have you checked out the Sea World website? They have maps and sometimes will have show times so you can plan ahead of time.

Have fun!

Have you checked out the Sea World website? They have maps and sometimes will have show times so you can plan ahead of time.

Have fun!

Thanks!… I've seen the showtimes, but I wasn't sure whether everything will open at the same time…

I feel like the website lacks a little more information as to the duration of the shows...

What day are you going to be there?
We were there last Thursday and we got there at 7pm; the wait time for Atlantis was about 10 minutes. Shipwreck rapids: 0 minutes, so we went twice. Then we went on Saturday. It was nuts! It was not worth the crowds.

All the shows are about 20 minutes, and you usually can show up "at showtime" and get a (relatively good) seat. The exception is the pet show where you need to get there about 5 minutes before the show starts.

You may want look into getting a silver pass if you're going back again. I saw them at Costco last week for $86. You get free parking, I think it was 14 when we were there 2 weeks ago. You also get a 10% discount on food.

My son's favorite thing was to wait until it cooled off in the evening so there's no line at the Rapids ride & he would go over and over again. By the time he had enough he was soaked and it was time to leave.

By the way I had to laugh at you tinking you're far away. We drive down from Calgary every summer at approx 27 hours each way.
We've had at least one silver pass for 7 or 8 years now & figure it's saved us a ton.

Have fun.

In my experience, it helps to see the time schedule for the shows. You can go from show to show if you pay attention to the schedule. One time we went, and really didn't pay too much attention. We were going across the park from one section to another, which caused us to get to a few shows late. If you look at the schedule and the map you can save yourself from unnecessary steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter