Help planning a day at HS

Ed597

Mouseketeer
We have never been to Hollywood Studios before and are going in December. I have a few questions. Is it possible to see the StarWars fireworks after watching Fantasmic ? Maybe just catching them as we walk out not some perfect viewing location? Or are they going on during the same time frame? And I know it’s a new year but when have they done the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam ? Is it possible to see more than one night show in the same night ?
Also is the Slinky Dog anything like Incredi Coaster ? I’ve ridden the Incredi Coaster and the start is Awesome! It takes off so Fast but you don’t feel like xtra Gforces are on you, it’s the opposite it almost feels like your starting to leave the ground! I noticed Slinky Dog has sort of a similar start where he is compressed and the spring lets go to give you the ride. Any similarity in the ride? Also any opinions on the shows I have daughters who might enjoy the Nemo, Frozen sing along, or Little Mermaid ? I understand the Frozen show is not the play they put on DCA, but is the singing the same quality, and does it have any special effects like the play ?
Thank You for any help !

We have never been to Hollywood Studios before and are going in December. I have a few questions. Is it possible to see the StarWars fireworks after watching Fantasmic ? Maybe just catching them as we walk out not some perfect viewing location? Or are they going on during the same time frame? And I know it’s a new year but when have they done the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam ? Is it possible to see more than one night show in the same night ?
Also is the Slinky Dog anything like Incredi Coaster ? I’ve ridden the Incredi Coaster and the start is Awesome! It takes off so Fast but you don’t feel like xtra Gforces are on you, it’s the opposite it almost feels like your starting to leave the ground! I noticed Slinky Dog has sort of a similar start where he is compressed and the spring lets go to give you the ride. Any similarity in the ride? Also any opinions on the shows I have daughters who might enjoy the Nemo, Frozen sing along, or Little Mermaid ? I understand the Frozen show is not the play they put on DCA, but is the singing the same quality, and does it have any special effects like the play ?
Thank You for any help !

OK, to try to answer one at a time....

The question about StarWars fireworks and F! comes up often. The literal answer is that yes, you can see both, we've done it a few times. The practical answer is that you have to plan it. They are 30 minutes apart and F! is a 30 minute show. So to do it, you have to get up and start leaving the amphitheater as the finale is happening. You can still see the finale as you're walking out, but you won't be sitting...you'll be quickly walking for the exit. You'll then arrive just in time for Star Wars, or maybe 60 seconds late. It works the same with JBJB.

I've never been on Incredi Coaster, I presume that's Universal (I have little interest in that park). The launch on Slinky Dog is fun, but really nothing exciting. In other words, it's not really that fast at all. If you want a rocket start, get on Rockin' Roller Coaster. That launch is awesome. It's something like 0-60mph in under 3 seconds. It's by far my favorite attraction in all of WDW.

The Frozen Sing A Long is really a comedy show. It's very funny and worth the time. It has a few special effects, but really is more for laughs. I won't say any more than that so as not to spoil it.

The Little Mermaid show is cute. Nothing fancy, not crazy special effects. Just something fun to see.

The Nemo show is in AK, not HS. It's a good play, but not my favorite.

If you sit in the very top right of the seating at Fantasmic and leave the second it’s over, you can make the Star Wars show/fireworks just as it’s starting. We just did it last month. We were literally the 3rd row from the top though and all the way to the right on the aisle so we were able to run out before everyone else. They also guide you out a different way. You end up on Main Street near the entrance so you just have to turn right and head down a little bit and you’ve got a perfect view of the show/fireworks.

As for SDD and Incredicoaster, we’ve been on both and it’s WAY tamer than Incredicoaster. It’s not as tame as a kiddie coaster like Goofy’s Barnstormer but it’s definitely not like Incredicoaster. It’s more similar to something like Thunder Mountain or Mine Train.

We’ve never done the Frozen sing-a-long as my kids were older when the movie came out so they aren’t as interested but we do enjoy the Little Mermaid show. It’s not too long and there usually isn’t much of a wait. Don’t waste a FP on it. And yes Nemo is at Animal Kingdom. It’s cute and the kids like it but we don’t do it each time we go. It’s a little longer than we’d like but it is a good spot to get out of the heat for awhile if needed.

We usually split up for Fantasmic/Star Wars Fireworks. The girls in the family do one and boys another. I think it could definitely be possible but might be a quick run if you have littles in tow. Might miss the beginning but at least you'd catch both, or could dash out of Fantasmic a little early.

I haven't ridden Incredicoaster but i would say based on videos, SDD is much tamer. As an adult, I definitely enjoy it but it is very tame coaster compared to RRC which I would compare more to Incredicoaster. I've seen kids as young as 3 or 4 on SDD.

Now the Frozen sing-a-long is one of my family's must-dos, even as all adults and teenagers! It's a great show, with lots of improv comedy that all ages will find funny. And littles loveeeee the ending (hint: snoap). I would highly recommend!

FYI- The SW night show has very little fireworks. It’s a projection show on the Chinese Theater with lasers and a few tiny fireworks. Sometimes the SW show is first, and if it is, you can not see both that and Fantasmic. If you do Fantasmic and then the SW show, I suggest finding a taped off walking path (several points on the street have taped off crossings to allow people to go from one side to the other) and standing just behind it. No one will be allowed to stand in front of you, though you will have to listen to the CM tell people who attempt to stand in the walkway to move on.

The answer is it depends.
Star Wars is generally 30 minutes after Fantasmic starts which leaves you very little time to get there.
If you are going to try and see both, you need to be sitting near the top of the seating area in one of the areas nearest the exits and on the isle.
You will probably need to leave just about the time the finale starts. Walk quickly over to SW as it will be starting or have started by the time you get there.
It also depends on how crowded the park is. There are many areas roped off and you can't stand in those areas to watch the SW show. If the park is very crowded, you will have trouble finding a place to view.
So, it can be done, but takes planning and some luck.

Also FWIW Fantasmic at HS is not nearly as good as Fantasmic at Disneyland, so if you don't feel like you have time to catch both, just skip Fantasmic. I gave it a watch again for "nostalgia" purposes when I was down in October, and I wish I had ridden TOT or RNR a few times instead.

Ok well first off, Star Wars will NOT be showing when you go. It will be Jingle Bell Jingle Bam instead. As others have said you can do both but it’s tight. If you’ve seen fantasmic at Disneyland then leave a few min early to make sure you can see JBJB.

During the frozen sing a long they play the actual songs from the movie so the singing quality is that of the original actors so no worries there. The show is funny, I would definitely recommend. And they do add in a little bit of holiday stuff for Christmas.

Unless I’m forgetting something, there is no Nemo show at HS. The mermaid show is decent, an abridged version of the movie with live singing but frozen is definitely better. I think beauty and the beast will be reopened by then but I don’t remember off the top of my head. A lot of singing and dancing in that one. I’d pick frozen as top choice then beauty then little mermaid.

Slinky dog is fun, it looks cool at night, but it’s not a high thrill ride. I’ve never been to DL though so can’t compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter