Help picking a stroller??

MrsWyman

Earning My Ears
Stroller help, please!

We're going to Disneyland in a couple months and will be renting a stroller from a third party vendor while we're there. Our options are the Baby Jogger City Mini, Baby Jogger City Mini GT, and the BOB Revolution. We have a BOB Revolution at home, so we're familiar/comfortable with that one, but I'm curious is the others might be smaller/more manageable in a crowd? We've not been to DL before, but are WDW veterans. This is our first time renting a stroller.

Thanks in advance!

City Mini! 16 lbs & one hand fold. I bought it as our traveling stroller when my DS was under a year old. It's now the only stroller we have, since I sold the heavier one. I can easily lift the whole thing pretty high with one hand which comes in handy at amusement parks.

We rented a double baby jogger GT. It was awesome! Very easy to steer with one hand. We got ours from City Strollers. Great company! Would do it again.

Looking at pictures, the City Mini looks smaller than the BOB. We have a BOB that we take with us to Sea World and I love it, but goodness, it's huge! It sticks out further than I realize and I have to be very careful about running into the back of the people in front of me. We're trying to decide to take the BOB or our Maclaren stroller. The Maclaren is smaller, but doesn't maneuver as easily.

I personally would shy away from an inexpensive umbrella stroller. They have no storage capacity, if you hang a bag on them, they tip over when the child gets up. And my husband and I are both tall (I'm 5'9" and he's 6'3"). Disneyland would not be a happy place with my husband pushing one of those strollers...they're too short, his feet kick the wheels. I wouldn't end well. ;)

She'll be 14 months when we go. My husband and I are both 6' tall, so an umbrella stroller is a no-go for us as well!

I love our BOB at home, but the size is the part that really has me concerned. I know that the City Mini is smaller, but I think the City Mini GT is about the same size as our BOB. Having been on the receiving end of getting run into by a stroller, I'm trying hard to not be that guy.

We bought a durable, higher quality umbrella stroller that had extendable handles (dh is just over 6' too) and it was perfect. It was small so easy to maneuver but tough and held out. I believe all airlines will check strollers for no charge so it wasn't a pain for us at all. We've since passed this on to my brother for his littles and they've almost completely stopped using their big one.

I couldn't believe the number of GIANT strollers in Disney. These poor parents trying to maneuver them through the crowds or stores and getting so frustrated (not to mention frustrating everyone around them).

My only piece of advice is to go with a three-wheeled jogging stroller as opposed to a four-wheeled one. From my experience, a three-wheeled jogging stroller is easier to navigate.

We have used the Baby Jogger City Elite Single Stroller in our past trips with our DD (1 year, 9 months and 2 years, 6 months for each trip respectively). It's a bit heavy and bulky, but worth the upfront investment in time and energy imo.

I couldn't believe the number of GIANT strollers in Disney. These poor parents trying to maneuver them through the crowds or stores and getting so frustrated (not to mention frustrating everyone around them).

Good point. We've only gone during low season times, so we haven't had this problem. But if you are going during high season, the benefits of a larger jogger may be outweighed by these costs.

I love our BOB at home, but the size is the part that really has me concerned. I know that the City Mini is smaller, but I think the City Mini GT is about the same size as our BOB. Having been on the receiving end of getting run into by a stroller, I'm trying hard to not be that guy.

The City Mini and GT are basically the same size, it's the wheels that are different. Both are definitely smaller than a BOB. We rented the City mini Double and they accidentally delivered the Double GT and we loved it so much we bought one when we got home!

I'm stuck on this issue as well. When we went to DL last time the single stroller worked out great for us. Now we have our 2 yr old son added to the equation. Not sure if we rent the double or two singles.

I've seen some pretty cool strollers, but the neatest one by far is the one that my fun luvin cousin Vinny recently purchased for his tot, not to be confused with Tower of Terror, although sometimes
the tiny ankle biter can be quite the terror! Lol his name is little Luigi. So anyway, my cousin purchased a stroller that has a hydroponic wheel system for easy maneuvering in the rain or through puddles (Hey, never know how deep those puddles might be) anti locking brake systems, 5 speeds, power train, manual with Auto stick option, which is really awesome for when getting there is all that counts, like to Peter Pan in Fantasyland during rope drop. Why you should have seen them in action man during that trip to PP. My cousin just flipped a switch, then next thing you know their off like the wind! Even the rest of his family couldn't keep up with them. Lol
There is a small running board type platform to which the driver, that is, stroller handler stands upon, so as not to be left out. Can't have an out of control stroller after all! :faint: And if that wasn't enough awesomeness, the fine napa leather stroller seat is oversized so as to accommodate various baby bootys, plus it's great for aging tots. Why some parents will put their older children in this stroller. Matter of fact, sometimes a parent will be pushed in this stroller instead. That's how generously sized the seating is. Also, the seat has an automatic warmer/cooler. Just set it, and forget it. Other features include: baby bottle and cup holders. Foot warmers that also are adjustable. Built in sun/rain/wind visor for both tot and parent. Dvd player with surround sound and headphones. Small refrigerated cubby to keep cold things cold. A mini micro wave for heating up formula or your breakfast croissant. Mini retractable fly swatter. Cell phone charger. A horn that comes with 10 different sound levels. Ample diaper and accoutrement storage space. Small lock box for valuables. For added security, the entire stroller can be cloaked, just like ships in Star Trek. This is one of the most awesome features ever! Nope, take that back, most awesome!
And even better than the auto stick, is the afterburner that may be engaged when my uncle Vinny and baby absolutely positively must be there now, wherever there is, at the time!

For more information:

www.likeajetstroller.com

We've used our BOB on several trips. I didn't find it too big or sticking too far out. Created a nice barrier from the crowds too. DH got really good and folding it up for the monorail and event he hotel shuttle with no problems. Great for holding lots of trinkets too!!

TinkFlies said:
We've used our BOB on several trips. I didn't find it too big or sticking too far out. Created a nice barrier from the crowds too. DH got really good and folding it up for the monorail and event he hotel shuttle with no problems. Great for holding lots of trinkets too!!

That sounds nice. But how we love our like a jet stroller!
Which reminds me, in the front of my cousins stroller is a barrier/battering ram. It works wonders when wishing to disperse the crowds. :)

BOB stroller? Not sure what those are.

The BOB looks nice, but I'm looking at renting a double while i'm there. My concern is taking up too much space. I liked how the single we rented at DL could just zip between everything and everyone. You'd see parents with there doubles looking frustrated trying to get through the crowds and they probably just steer clear of the sidewalks. Dunno... my trip is August 5th and that is pretty much the last thing I haven't figured out/decided what I want to go with. 2 singles or a double. I'll probably be renting from city strollers. I guess I could reach out to them for advice. Or if I get the double and it doesn't work out swap it out for something else.

I've booked a City Mini double for my 2 in October through City Strollers.

DH is 6'3 and I'm 5'1 and for basic umbrella stroller we loved our Maclaren Volo when the kids were tiny. We actually bought it for our trip to DL in '08.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter