Help Picking 1of 2 Resorts

HWY20RIDE4MYSON

Mouseketeer
I was interested in using a summer promotion that was emailedto me. The only 2 Resorts available for my dates are Saratoga and Beach Club. I was wondering if some of you can share pros and cons. It will be my DS(7) and myself(old)
We will be PHing but plan to spend most of our trip at MK, June 9th-17 thank you for any help. We stayed at DWL last year and loved the quick commute to and from MK by boat.. Cheers

We haven't stayed at Saratoga Springs, but I do have friends that have and they really liked it. They had a suite though and loved the room. We have stayed at BC and LOVED it. Our favorite onsite resort by far. We love the convenience of walking to Epcot and we walked to HS (although that ones a longer walk, but still enjoyable). The kids loved the sandy bottom pool and the water slides.

Beach Club! Not even close. I have stayed at both and LOVE the lazy river at Beach Club!

SAB @BC/YC Lazy river is actually kinda dangerous, even for avg. to good swimmers... The current can be deceiving & it's not your typical standard 3 ft depth either. Its a full 8 ft so if a kid slips off his/her tube, it's kida hard to pop back into it, because normally you cant just spring back up off the bottom...:confused3 Just not a fan of it....Also its kinda spread out , so if you want to relax while your son goes and plays...Forget it here, That won't happen..
Also the water slide is kinda perplexing too.. Why would they make it so you have to leave the grounds, then cross the path ( that the general public is walking on ) then proceed down the slide to come back in...It's theming is really neat & there are alot of amenities located there but it's just waay too spread out for my taste, with not very good viewing angles to see your kids..

The Springs Pool over @ SSR is incredible..Probably 1 of the best on all of WDW resorts...Well planned out w/ plenty of chairs to see from all angles. The main slide is long and curvy, it also has zero entry as well....But it also has a 2nd main pool over at the paddock which is a lil smaller but equally as efficient..Along w/ snack bar & refill station & it also has a water play area there too.

In terms of restaurants, There's NO Comparisons.....BC Has not only waay more but some of the best of all too, & also just across the way at the BW.

Entertainment is a push. The walk over to the BW is just a tad bit shorter than the walk or short boat ride to DTD from SSR.

Either route you end up taking I'm sure your going to love...After all it's Disney, How bad can bad actually be?:confused3:goodvibes

Have fun DizDad.

So is it better to take the bus to MK? Or take mono from Epcot? If your trying to do Rope drop is the monorail even an option?

So is it better to take the bus to MK? Or take mono from Epcot? If your trying to do Rope drop is the monorail even an option?

Bus.

To get to the monorail, you have to walk from the BC to Epcot, then enter Epcot through the International Gateway entrance and walk all the way to the front park entrance, exit the park, get on the Epcot monorail, take that to the TTC, then transfer to the MK monorail line.

Or you can walk to the BC bus stop and catch a bus to the MK.

If you are trying to get to the MK for rope drop, the monorail isn't even an option unless Epcot is having AM EMH. And even then, you'd be hard pressed to get to the MK in time for rope drop.

SAB @BC/YC Lazy river is actually kinda dangerous, even for avg. to good swimmers... The current can be deceiving & it's not your typical standard 3 ft depth either. Its a full 8 ft so if a kid slips off his/her tube, it's kida hard to pop back into it, because normally you cant just spring back up off the bottom...:confused3 Just not a fan of it....Also its kinda spread out , so if you want to relax while your son goes and plays...Forget it here, That won't happen..
Also the water slide is kinda perplexing too.. Why would they make it so you have to leave the grounds, then cross the path ( that the general public is walking on ) then proceed down the slide to come back in...It's theming is really neat & there are alot of amenities located there but it's just waay too spread out for my taste, with not very good viewing angles to see your kids..

I so agree with this description of SAB. It was such a disappointment for us. I think for older kids (like teens) it could be a great pool as long as they were strong swimmers.

Anyway, I still would pick Beach Club, can't beat the location!

Last spring we did a resort tour and checked out many of the onsite resorts to compare. Saratoga Springs was the only one we walked in and walked right back out. The theming just wasn't there and it felt more like a regular vacation condo complex.

Beach Club is beautiful. I stayed there in January and you can walk all over between BC, Yachtclub, and Boardwalk. It's like a little village with all three connected. If you like the countries at Epcot, you can hop right over in a 5 minute stroll.

I had heard about the stormalong pool and while it is very pretty, it was much smaller than I had pictured. My DH and I had dinner at Yachtman's last week and he said the same thing. The reputation has grown larger than the actual pool. ;)

I would def. choose BC. Get it while you can.

Beach club. We were there a little over a year ago with two three year olds. We hung out at the sand bottom pool and not the lazy river. The girls had a lot of fun but I has a lot of sand to clean up in the room. Thank goodness we booked a one bedroom villa so I had a broom and vacuum to make it easy.

We have never stayed at Saratoga but we have at the Beach Club and we LOVED it!!!! We are actually headed back there in 8 days. Our daughter, also 7, loves SAB and we enjoyed it also. She probably went down the Jib slide 100 times :thumbsup2. The lazy river is deep but our daughter is a good swimmer or they have life jackets available for use. Hope this helps.

another vote for the BC. Even if you aren't a fan of Stormalong Bay, the location is worth it! There is a nice quiet pool if you want a simpler, more relaxing pool experience.

Like the pp, we are big fans of BC but prefer the quiet pool. It is a lot less chaotic there. And the biggest reason for us to choose the BC is the great location, not the pool.

BC by far... you can't beat the location and the resort is beautiful. Walking to Epcot and HS is a huge bonus :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter