HELP! Or is this question for DVC staff?

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
I got a great deal on 150 points at Beach Club Villas. Almost too good. Passed ROFR and i just received closing docs.

Property description reads: an undivided 0.4398% in Unit 51 Of Disney's Beach Club Villas

Does that sound right? I bought another resale contract at Grand Californian and it listed the physical address.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts!
Sheryl

p.s.
It was also odd that they didn't take a deposit before or after sent to ROFR.

Last edited:
I got a great deal on 150 points at Beach Club Villas. Almost too good. Passed ROFR and i just received closing docs.

Property description reads: an undivided 0.4398% in Unit 51 Of Disney's Beach Club Villas

Does that sound right? I bought another resale contract at Grand Californian and it listed the physical address.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts!
Sheryl

p.s.
It was also odd that they didn't take a deposit before or after sent to ROFR.
That all seems normal except for the part about no deposit. Is it a reputable broker?

I'm with miTnosnhoJ that no deposit is the weird part, not the description on the contract. How long did ROFR take?
ROFR took something like 28 days! It just occurred to me that we're just told "it was sent" then "it has passed." I called Disney and they confirmed that the property description was the same as their records and they matched the seller's name. I think I'm just overthinking this all!

Thanks for your response!

ROFR took something like 28 days! It just occurred to me that we're just told "it was sent" then "it has passed." I called Disney and they confirmed that the property description was the same as their records and they matched the seller's name. I think I'm just overthinking this all!

Thanks for your response!
Who was the broker? What is the Title Company?

Vacatia/First Reliable Transfers

I have been using these two as well. No deposit asked for before it passed ROFR. I actually inquired about that and Vacatia told me that they wait til after it passes ROFR before a deposit is required. Passed ROFR on 8/8 and within a day or two got an email from my contact at Vacatia to print out a form and send it to First Reliable Tranfers with deposit. Then on 8/14 received an email from First Reliable Transfers with closing paperwork. In closing paperwork it showed my deposit as going towards purchase price and to sign where indicated and send in check. Sent on 8/15.

Also my contract is worded exactly like yours, so no worries there.:)

I have been using these two as well. No deposit asked for before it passed ROFR. I actually inquired about that and Vacatia told me that they wait til after it passes ROFR before a deposit is required. Passed ROFR on 8/8 and within a day or two got an email from my contact at Vacatia to print out a form and send it to First Reliable Tranfers with deposit. Then on 8/14 received an email from First Reliable Transfers with closing paperwork. In closing paperwork it showed my deposit as going towards purchase price and to sign where indicated and send in check. Sent on 8/15.

Also my contract is worded exactly like yours, so no worries there.:)
THANK YOU!

Reactions: m8r
Do you have a contract at least? How mind boggling.
I just bought a Marriott off Ebay and they didn't want me to send money until it passed ROFR. Makes sense because escrow has cost to them and it'd aggravating to track and refund if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter