Help! One OBB Ticket for 10/28 for nephew who just lost his dad.

TINA BAILEY

Mouseketeer
I know this is a long shot and I have already reached out to Disney to see if, under the circumstances, there is any way to buy one additional ticket for OBB on 10/28.

My brother passed unexpectedly on Sunday. My 17 year old nephew was with him when he passed. My parents, my brothers oldest son, and my daughter and I had a trip planned for 10/25 to 28 to Disney with OBB tickets on 10/28. After discussion with the family we've decided that, although the tone of the trip will be different, that we will continue with it to spend time as a family, reminisce about the nut my brother was at Disney, and just decompress a bit from the grief. My nephew was not part of the original reservations but we thought it would be good for him as well.. We've been able to get his park tickets and get him on our flights but we are now short one OBB ticket.

As I have indicated we reached out to Disney to see of there is any way to purchase one but I am not hopeful. Just putting it put there in desperation hoping we can find someone who might have a ticket available or know of one so one of our group doesn't have to stay behind for the night.

Are you staying at the DLH, GCH, or PPH? If so, they have limited day-of OBB tickets that you can purchase if you are willing to get up very early the morning of the event and get on a waiting list (this is for hotel guests only, per the front desk; I had to give my room key and it was charged to my room (only option)). I was able to buy 2 tickets to this past Sunday's sold out OBB at the DLH by going down at 5:15am on the day-of and getting on the list for the 6am sale of a very limited number of tickets for onsite hotel guests. I hope this works for you. So sorry for your situation.

Are you staying at the DLH, GCH, or PPH? If so, they have limited day-of OBB tickets that you can purchase if you are willing to get up very early the morning of the event and get on a waiting list (this is for hotel guests only, per the front desk; I had to give my room key and it was charged to my room (only option)). I was able to buy 2 tickets to this past Sunday's sold out OBB at the DLH by going down at 5:15am on the day-of and getting on the list for the 6am sale of a very limited number of tickets for onsite hotel guests. I hope this works for you. So sorry for your situation.
Unfortunately we are at Fairfield for the trip but thank you for the suggestion though.

Yes, they told us to call down at 6:00am on the day-of to check if tickets were available.

Yes, they told us to call down at 6:00am on the day-of to check if tickets were available.
I was just there this weekend, and if you do this, you may miss out. They start processing the orders at 6am on the nose, so if you call down (and you likely will get directed to the call center, not the actual front desk), you may miss it. I was down at the desk in person at 05:15am, and I was second on the list. The wrote down how many tickets I needed, scanned my room key and checked my ID. They charge the tickets to the room if you get them. Then at 6am, they start processing the orders and issuing tickets until they run out. The families that came after 05:45am were told they may not get tickets because they were too far down the list (and they were only family #7 for the day at the DLH; all three hotels pull tickets from the same inventory).

Disney offered their condolences but just said tickets were sold out. We are staying at good neighbor hotel not on site so we won't be able to try for an early ticket.

My condolences to you and your family. Call Disney- a lot of times they will understand in a situation like this and make it work.

Disney offered their condolences but just said tickets were sold out. We are staying at good neighbor hotel not on site so we won't be able to try for an early ticket.

I'm so sorry!!

Sadly in the days of social media they have had to cut a lot of what they used to do. One person gets an exception and posts on social media and then everyone claims the same exception. So they cannot do it for the few people like you who are legit. :(

I was just there this weekend, and if you do this, you may miss out. They start processing the orders at 6am on the nose, so if you call down (and you likely will get directed to the call center, not the actual front desk), you may miss it. I was down at the desk in person at 05:15am, and I was second on the list. The wrote down how many tickets I needed, scanned my room key and checked my ID. They charge the tickets to the room if you get them. Then at 6am, they start processing the orders and issuing tickets until they run out. The families that came after 05:45am were told they may not get tickets because they were too far down the list (and they were only family #7 for the day at the DLH; all three hotels pull tickets from the same inventory).
Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll have to set 3 alarms to get up that early!

I was just there this weekend, and if you do this, you may miss out. They start processing the orders at 6am on the nose, so if you call down (and you likely will get directed to the call center, not the actual front desk), you may miss it. I was down at the desk in person at 05:15am, and I was second on the list. The wrote down how many tickets I needed, scanned my room key and checked my ID.
Did you stay club level?

His grandfather has offered to sit out so he can go if we can't get a 7th ticket. I have BB and Wine Country lunch reservations for 6 during the trip. Do you think it is going to be a major deal, if I stop by at the restaurants in the am and let them know we would like to add one to the reservations? I realize I am going to likely have to wait regardless.

Did you stay club level?
No, we had a premium view room for the stay. They were NOT offering it or mentioning it to guests at check in (maybe to Club Level guests, but I was not one, so I don’t know). I asked about it at check in. Only about 10 people were down there that morning between when I got there at 05:15am and 6 am when they started processing ticket orders. So if they offered it to all the Club level guests, I would have expected more people. Especially since it was a holiday weekend and it was the Sunday night party before a Monday holiday.

His grandfather has offered to sit out so he can go if we can't get a 7th ticket. I have BB and Wine Country lunch reservations for 6 during the trip. Do you think it is going to be a major deal, if I stop by at the restaurants in the am and let them know we would like to add one to the reservations? I realize I am going to likely have to wait regardless.
When you check in on the app for your dining reservations (I think it opens 15 minutes prior to the reservation time, and it is GPS activated so it knows where you are in the park and you have to be fairly close to the restaurant), there will be an option to “add 1 person” to the reservation in the app. You can’t do this until right before the meal time, but it was there on all of our TS reservations on our July trip (I didn’t look for it on this trip that we just took, so hopefully someone with recent experience will chime in ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter