• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Help. No trains to London!

Homebody1976

Earning My Ears
So after 2 cancelled DLP due to covid we're finally going now in Oct half term. We're from the North West and getting the direct Eurostar from St Pancras. We've got premier inns booked in London before and after our Mon-Fri DLP trip, so timing getting to London isnt critical. The issue is though, there arw absolutely no weekend trains available with Avsnti from Crewe to Euston, at all, even this weekend let alone 12 weeks in advance. Tried Manchester and Chester too but absolutely nothing for weekends. Starting to panica bit now as to how we'll get to London and back. Looked at driving and parking at St Pancras but that's coming in at £380 before the congestion charge. Anyone have any ideas please? Not flying though, husband wont, hence why we were doing it all by train in the 1st place. Thanks.

Are there any long distances buses? I would check omio, i think they have all options for public transport?

Or maybe add a day? Are there trains a day earlier?

Are there any long distances buses? I would check omio, i think they have all options for public transport?

Or maybe add a day? Are there trains a day earlier?
We go on a saturday and come back on saturday. Cant extend to week days because of school and work unfortunately.

That doesn't sound right. I checked on trainline and it said tickets coming soon. Have you tried phoning to see what the problem is?

Avanti West Coast disruption​

Until further notice, Avanti West Coast will be running an amended timetable. While the new timetable is being finalised, Avanti West Coast have temporarily suspended ticket sales and closed reservations.
  • For customers booked to travel, if your train is cancelled, you can travel on the service before or after your original booked train.
  • If you no longer wish to travel due to the amended timetable, you can claim a full fee-free refund via My Bookings or within our app under 'My Tickets'.
  • The timetables for this period will be released a week at a time.
  • Every hour, four trains will run from London Euston, to Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham.
  • Trains will run from London to Edinburgh every two hours.
  • Seat reservations booked before 8th August on a service which is no longer running will not be valid. During this timetable change, Avanti have increased their unreserved seating. If you need help finding a seat, please speak to a member of staff at the station.
  • You can find more details on the Avanti West Coast disruption here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter