HELP never rented a car before

fran99999

DIS Veteran
OK I am thinking of renting a car at either MCO or Disney so I can drive my DS and myself to Port canaveral. Arriving Aug 26 ship is boardable at say 1:30 ish.

OK so I have gone to the sites and seen the prices. NOW for the ????? What else is there that I must purchase???? I will be using a CC so will that cover insurance?? I read my CC contract and it says it does, but... OK so I go back to the site and it says I need to buy all kinds of stuff. What exactly do I need/have to purchase. I dont want to be that old lady that is in the front of the line going DUH. OK I guess so..... ending up with a bill twice the price I thought it would be. I only want to rent the car to maybe go to Seaworld one day and then to the port the next day. Just my DS7 and me. No frills. OK AC and maybe automatic. I can drive a standard if it will save me $$ fact is I have a class 1 so I can drive almost anything.

HELP now what do I do? all the least expensive cars are around $70 its only a 2 day rental.

Are you dropping the car near Canaveral, or just cruising for a day and then returning the car back to Orlando?

dropping the car at canaveral. I have already booked trans back to MCO. Was just thinking arrive 26th go to Seaworld 27 then dropping car at port 28.

Fran, try Avis from MCO to Port Canaveral.........plug in K817625 in the AWDDiscount field. This is a discount number on the Delta Airlines website that can be used by anyone.

The price that comes up is all that you will pay, provided that your home car insurance policy covers you in a rental vehicle (you might want to double check with your agent). The credit card coverage is secondary and clicks in only after your regular car insurance.

The options that come up at the end, you don't need to purchase. If you're scared silly about a collision and have a high deductible on your car policy and are prone to fender benders....you can pay the extra and will be able to walk away scot free in case of a collision. However, most people don't need this extra coverage, they're already covered adequately.

Wow thanx so much. I have very good ins on my car. I checked and I am covered with it. I know they try to sell at the counter but wasnt sure what I HAD to buy and what was optional.

Thanx I tried the discount and the price is only $53.86 for a subcompact. :banana: This is almost the same price as the one way trans company I was looking at and I get to use it to go to Seaworld for a day.

Thank you so much :cheer2: :thumbsup2

Fran,
In addition to Tracy's advice, make sure that you turn down the gas option. (This is one of the options that Tracy mentioned that they also ask you about.) Bascially, when you rent a car it has a full tank of gas. Then you can either fill up the tank before you return it (normally the cheapest option) or you can return it with what ever gas is left and they will fill the tank. However, the amount they charge you per gallon for the gas is normally more expensive than what you can pay at a gas station your self. So, even though they will try to sell you the option where they fill the tank, may advice is to refuse it. Just stop at a gas station near where you are returning the car and fill up the tank just before you return it.

Have a great time!

Wow! The pp here have covered EVERYTHING! I was reading the posts and was like - Oh! I can tell her not to take the gas option! Then I kept reading and BING - there it was! Isn't the DIS GREAT! :thumbsup2

Hope you have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter