• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help needed

sloneta

Mouseketeer
We are DVC owners and are taking DS and DBIL to WDW for a week next May. However, my DS just informed me that she would like to go to Universal Studios while we are there. I asked if she wanted to do the studios or IOA, and she didn't know what the difference was. Neither of them has been to Orlando in about 15 years. So I am thinking it may be worth it to try both since we haven't done the Universal thing.

My thoughts are that it would be better to stay 2 nights at one of the Universal hotels instead of using our DVC points to stay and drive over. Plus, I know there are usually benefits to staying onsite.

So, my questions are, does that sound like the right way to go? If so, are the hotels big enough we could all 4 share one room? How are the crowds in May?

Thanks!!!

Staying at the Universal on-site hotels is GREAT. You get all day express access. Yes, I would do both parks. Staying two nights would give you three days of express access and that would give you time to do each park and then go back and do the things you loved again. The rooms at the Hard Rock have two queen size beds. Don't know if the four of you would like sharing one bathroom. Depends on how well you all get along as to how well you'll do in one room. They do have suites and deluxe rooms which are larger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter