Help needed with our ADR's

Bumpie

Earning My Ears
We are getting close to our 180 day ADR mark and trying to finalize our plans. I would love some feed back. We are with 2 adults and it's our second trip. Last time we loved Jiko, Sanaa, Hollywood Brown Derby, Trattoria al Forno (breakfast) and Tusker House.

We have the dining plan and we have still 8 TS points left. We want to have a mix of different (unique & character) dining options. We are doubting to do Citricos or Narcoossees. Is it worth it? Or are there better restaurants in the different resorts or Disney Springs? Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Our Current ADR list:
  • Wolfgang Puck (dinner)
  • Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
  • Yak & Yeti (dinner)
  • Hollywood & vine fantasmic package (dinner, mainly for the characters)
  • La Hacienda (dinner)
  • Storybook at artist point (dinner)
  • O'hana (breakfast)
  • Skipper canteen(dinner)
  • Tiffins RoL package (dinner)
  • Cali grill (dinner)
  • Chef Mickey's (lunch) (last day)
TIA!

Who is in your party? What are the ages? How many nights are you staying? Which dining plan do you have?

We did not like Narcoossee but loved Yachtsman and California Grill Brunch- 18 nights- Gosh I'm jealous

Since you already have other character meals, I would replace Hollywood & Vine with Mama Melrose (still can get Fantasmic package).
Le Cellier in Canada/Epcot
Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs
Boma dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge

I agree with others that based on your previous likes, try Boma for dinner. Since it's a buffet, you can be as adventurous as you want or eat more familiar foods.

If you've never been and the menu appeals, give Narcoossee's or Citricos a try. I'm pretty sure I've eaten at Narcoossee's twice and both were kinda forgettable. But for two adults, they are nice places. I've never been but I've heard Flying Fish is good for a date night feel if you're looking for that kind of thing.

We like doing a lunch at Rose and Crown and sitting outside. I think the food and service have declined a bit over the past few years, but it's still a nice location and DH always wants to go back each trip.

Thank you all!

What is the difference between Cali Grill Brunch and the dinner menu?
With Morimoto Asia Do you have enough choices with the dining plan? How does it differ between the experiences between lunch en dinner? I saw that it's only 1 table service credit for lunch.

I'm leaning to getting Boma, Morimoto Asia and Flying Fish now.

I love both Narcoossee's and Citricos. The former is quiet, elegant dining but truly premier, their specialty is seafood. And Citricos is just outstanding fine dining. It's just as good as California Grill, in my opinion. These are amazing restaurants easily worth the two credits.

And just my own opinion on the Disney Springs restaurants... generally speaking I have found all of them to be inconsistent. The reason being is that Disney has less control or say over them. That is not to say that there aren't outstanding restaurants there, it's just that they are more removed from Disney and their influence, so just remember that. There isn't the same level of pixie dust or eager to please hospitality overall at these places and I have found many more off nights, even at the 2-credit restaurants there. I have been burned too many times, so I tend to limit my eating at Disney Springs because dining credits are just too precious to go to hit or miss places.

Probably the nicest, most consistent restaurant I've been to at Disney Springs is actually the Irish one - Raglan Road - they always have great atmosphere from the live bands to the step-dancing and the food is always wonderful.

I just caught the price of Boma for breakfast. $29! Yikes! For $25 I may be willing but certainly not for $29. I just cannot justify spending that for any buffet breakfast. I think I"ll save some money and put it towards a brunch at Cali Grill. I really wanted to try Boma but I think I will just stick to their dinner buffet.

Chef Mickey's food is awful, I would take that off your list. Pretty much any other character dining would be better. I had a great meal at Narcoossees, I would recommend that. Be Our Guest is great and unique, although a little hard to get. I like lunch and dinner there. Garden Grill at Epcot, if you can get a PPO that would be a great one to have, you'll have an empty park to yourselves.

Thank you all!

What is the difference between Cali Grill Brunch and the dinner menu?
With Morimoto Asia Do you have enough choices with the dining plan? How does it differ between the experiences between lunch en dinner? I saw that it's only 1 table service credit for lunch.

I'm leaning to getting Boma, Morimoto Asia and Flying Fish now.
The easiest way to know the difference between the CG brunch and dinner is to look at the menus; same is true for Morimoto but w/o looking at the menu I think there is only one entree missing from the lunch menu. To my way of thinking the lunch menu is a great value for the dining plan participants.

I've eaten at Flying Fish and Morimoto Asia several times, on and off the dining plan, and find both of them worth the cost and time spent. We've taken to staying at BWI in part due to it's proximity to FF and as for Morimoto, we enjoy doing a DIY brunch there over the weekend or on departure day.
Haven't eaten at Boma but hear consistent good of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter