Help needed planning & budget

anne1

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.

I hope you can help me.

We are visiting WDW for the 1st time on 5th Jan tru 19th Janu from the UK. 2 adults and 2 girls aged 9 & 11. We are staying offsite.

Can anybody give me an idea of what is a good budget to allow for food? Are the girls classed as children in restaurants?

Also what any ideas of the park we should go to first on Sunday - we arrive Orlando 18.52 and don't want to wear ourselves out by doing too much too soon - BUT we want to see everything!!( well as much as we can)

Thanks for any ideas.
Anne:)

I don't think that it would be worth to go to a park, since you are arriving so late. The only open will be Epcot and it closes at 21.00. I would suggest going to Downtown Disney, the Boardwalk area or doing a character meal or go to Ohanas in the Polynesian and then take a monorail ride around the park just to get a look into it.

The children will considered children at the restaurants (under 12 yrs of age). Take a look at the menus www.wdwig.com/menu/menu.htm I don't know what your likes and dislikes are in restaurants so by looking at the menus you can get an idea of what they offer and see the prices. Do you like counter type places or would rather have a sit down restaurant where you are served. This will factor into making a budget.

Have fun

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, a 9 yo, 6 yo, and 3yo) We budget $100 a day and we only do one Character meal and no big sit down meals. We always have a little extra. We carry in our own water and refill the bottles at the drinking fountains. We have found that the kids' portions are large. A kids' pizza can feed 2. What we have found though is that we generally only eat 2 real "meals" a day. We tend to snack alot through the park. An apple here, a pretzel there. Stop for some popcorn or an egg roll, then afterwhile an ice cream or turkey leg. We also carry granola bars in our back pack which the kids really enjoy since we can't find anything like that in the parks.

If you are wanting to do more sit-down or Character meals, you will be looking at spending more than if you do counter service and kiosks.

Have fun!

:earsgirl:
57 more days!

Hi

Thanks for your help.

I am using the UK site as well, but thought the USA site may give me some more ideas.

Thanks again

Anne:)

33 days to go yipppeeeeeeeeeeee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter