Help needed in finding Math Careers and colleges that offer them

mherzlovesdisney

going through life...ugh...
Hi,
I am a junior in high school but I really need help finding a career that will be good for me. I want to find a math majored career. This seems to have made it very hard for to find a particular career that has popped out. I have found teaching and accounting. The problem I find with teaching is that my family really does not want me to go into it, they compromised and said if I found more math careers and gave reason why I did not take an interest in them it could be an option. Accounting I found but I can not find any Information on what I do besides the basics. I am also having trouble finding colleges that offer the advanced classes that I am up to. If anyone knows of a math career or knows a link to a colleges class course it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I've worked for years as a Chemical Engineer, and I can tell you that mathematics is the common language and building block for all engineering degrees. Since you're still in high school, you may want to start thinking about any other subjects that interest you. If you enjoy chemistry, you may be interested in Chemical Engineering as career. If you like physics, Mechanical Engineering may be something to look into. If you like the electricity/magnetism (E&M) topics related to physics, then a degree in Electrical Engineering would be a good choice. Throughout college, it was the intense mathematics that was a make or break point for many of the students.

If you're really interested in a pure mathematics career, you should look into a future in Statistics. Statisticians are employed in all sorts of areas and disciplines. Check out the following link.

http://www.amstat.org/careers/index.cfm

I've worked for years as a Chemical Engineer, and I can tell you that mathematics is the common language and building block for all engineering degrees. Since you're still in high school, you may want to start thinking about any other subjects that interest you. If you enjoy chemistry, you may be interested in Chemical Engineering as career. If you like physics, Mechanical Engineering may be something to look into. If you like the electricity/magnetism (E&M) topics related to physics, then a degree in Electrical Engineering would be a good choice. Throughout college, it was the intense mathematics that was a make or break point for many of the students.

If you're really interested in a pure mathematics career, you should look into a future in Statistics. Statisticians are employed in all sorts of areas and disciplines. Check out the following link.

I was also going to recommend you look into engineering fields. They aren't pure math careers but they are very math and logic based.

Thanks. I am going to look around on that website.
Ya I am thinking of minoring in music. I play trumpet and am in the process of learning piano. I like the be involved with plays and musicals. I don't know if it is just me but trying to find all the different careers available. When I do find a certain career it becomes beyond difficult to find a list of classes for any college.

What about architecture?

That seems like it could perhaps combine your structured mathematical skills with your obvious creative side?

If you're interested in both mathematics and music, I'd suggest that you look into a degree in electrical engineering or computer science with an emphasis on digital signal processing. Digital signal processing is used to analyze signals (such as sound or images) and transform them in various interesting ways. Common applications include compression, filtering, and information extraction. It is used in computer graphics, audio processing, robotics, financial analysis, medical informatics, petroleum engineering, and a variety of other fields.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter