• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help needed for military tickets/magicbands

campbellus

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disney in June for our 20th wedding anniversary. I need help understanding how the magicbands + will work with military tickets. When I try to makefastpass reservations online, it tells me that I have to have an appropriate ticket package attached to the magicbands.
IF I'm military, I can't purchase my tickets ahead of time so how can I possibly link tickets to my magicbands?
Am I not going to be able to make any fast pass reservations ahead of time if I can't purchase my tickets until I get there?

The magicbands are new to us this trip so I don't know that I'm understanding how they work with everything but I'm getting really nervous that I won't be able to take advantage of the fast pass availability and will end up waiting in line for everything...
Please help!!!

I believe you can purchase tickets/voucher (not sure of the official term) at your closest base and then link that # to your MDE site to then make FP+ choices

You can purchase your tickets in advance at your nearest base, and there have been reports that people have been able to link those to their MDE/Magicbands, and make FP+ choices.

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately we cannot purchase at our base. It's a guard base and they do not have the travel people/office there anymore that handle those sorts of things...
So, I guess it's wait until we get there...quite the bummer!

We just left WDW today :(
We bought our vouchers two months out and did attach the voucher number to our bands. It would be worth it to see if you can get a friend or family to pick up the tickets for you. They don't log the tickets to your name until you turn in the vouchers at guest services in one if the parks.

What if we have old tickets from a previous vacation-can those be used to tie to the magicband wristbands?

What if we have old tickets from a previous vacation-can those be used to tie to the magicband wristbands?

You should be able to use them, as long as they have days left and are not expired.

You can go to MDE, and follow the links to link tickets. It should bring up a bunch of different ticket set ups, and you can pick the one that looks like your current ticket. Add your ticket info, and see if it works.

Have you called the NEX in Orlando to see if they could help you out?

Glenndon

We had the same issue over our NYE trip.
After we bought our tickets at SOG, I had a very difficult time adding them to MDE.
The wait time on the phone to talk to someone was over 45 minutes, so we decided to see if concierge could help me.
There was a nice CM in the BCV lobby who helped us load our tickets and then offered to make the FP+ for us.
He had a lot of issues trying to book the FP too, but eventually was able to do so for us.

Just sharing our experience, and letting you know that the resort concierge can help with setting everything up for you.
It was a bit stressful, but worked out in the end.

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately we cannot purchase at our base. It's a guard base and they do not have the travel people/office there anymore that handle those sorts of things... So, I guess it's wait until we get there...quite the bummer!

PM me. I live in VA and work at a base. I'm retired military. If it'll ease your worries I'm willing to try to help you get your tickets early since I have no dis trip planned in 14 :(.

Thank you for all the replies and helpful suggestions. We called and were able to link our old tickets to our magicbands. :-) YEAH!!!
Now we just have to wait until 60 days prior to make our fastpass selections!

A huge thank you for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter