Help Needed for A 1st Time Visitor

Mommyof3angels

Earning My Ears
I need some advise. This is our first visit to to WDW. :woohoo: We will be there July 18-July 15. We are staying ay Pop Century. I need some honest opioins on whether we should rent a car while we are there. :rolleyes: I would like to be able to get to the parks and back to my hotel rather quickly as my son is autistic. Also is it possible to share meals on the meal plan? Help!!!!! :dumbo: :goofy: :smickey:

Thanks in advancE

Oh yeah our cast is Me, my mother my daughter who is 13 and my son 2

Hi, congrats on your first trip to WDW! Since your son is autistic, I would say go ahead and rent the car. That will be so much easier on all of you rather than having to wait on the bus system (which can be slow, IMO). You will still have to wait for the Ferry or Monorail when going to or from the parking lot at MK but those waits are usually not too bad. You might also want to post over on the DISability board - I'm sure there are others who are in your shoes who can give you some sage advice for traveling to WDW with an autistic child.

hth and hope you all have a wonderful time!

If it won't kill your budget, I would rent a car. My oldest is MIMH, so I know haow you feel about getting to places or needing to leave quckly. I do not like depending on others to get me where I need to go. Sometimes the wait for buses, especially after fireworks, park closings, etc. is pretty long, and they can get pretty crowded. We always rent a car. You may want to try Priceline- we always get a great deal, and since it just 4 of you, you have a lot of options as far as what size to rent. Also, going to the Disney w/ Disabilities board is a great tip! Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter