Help needed - 10 Year Anniversary 7-nighter Western Caribbean Cruise

Remy is amazing! If you like dessert, the dessert experience (Thursday afternoon I think), was really good. Seriously, if they moved Remy to another cruise line and it was just as good, I wouldn't sail DCL again. I like DCL a lot, but I like Remy a whole lot more.

Definitely rainforest pass. If not the full cruise, then a day or two would work as well.

If you drink, the alcohol tastings are really good. We like Mixology. Did a cognac, but wouldn't do it again. We are not super cognac fans. Did the chocolate & liquor one, which was really good.

ADDED: We really like the catamaran, reef, and shipwreck snorkel in Cayman. We have done it twice now. I wouldn't bother doing any excursions on Castaway Cay. There's so much to day otherwise, and it's nice to have a relaxing day at the end of your cruise.

Thanks for the excursion recommendation! I have that one on my short list, but quick question. What did you guys do for food? Brought something from the ship or just waited until the excursion was over?

Thanks for the excursion recommendation! I have that one on my short list, but quick question. What did you guys do for food? Brought something from the ship or just waited until the excursion was over?

It wasn't so long that we needed to eat during. I think it's about 3 hours. I don't remember what time the excursion was, probably pretty early in the morning. We had something for breakfast and brought some snacks, just in case. I think they had lemonade and maybe some chips afterward. The chips went really fast though. There is stuff at the port in Cayman. We like to get rum cake.

ADDED: The snacks we brought were sealed, and we had brought them from home. I don't think you can take fruit off the ship. I don't know about other requirements.

You are not allowed to take fruit or any food that is not factory sealed off of the ship, if you do you can be heavily fined. We did an excursion with Disney last year in Cozumel. The security in Cozumel had dogs checking everyone after we got off the ship. Someone in our group was pulled aside and had to pay a fine for having fruit in their backpacks. They tried to claim they didn't know they couldn't take it off the ship, despite that fact that it was stated in the personal navigator, the CMs told us at the meeting area, and there are signs before you get off the ship that all say NO FRUIT. We've done cruises to Alaska, WC, and 2 EC that went to different places and the no fruit/factory sealed rule applies to all ports.

Edited to add: Just wanted to make it clear, when I say someone in our group, I don't mean someone with me that I knew, it was someone who was doing the same excursion as we were.

Last edited:
You are not allowed to take fruit or any food that is not factory sealed off of the ship, if you do you can be heavily fined. We did an excursion with Disney last year in Cozumel. The security in Cozumel had dogs checking everyone after we got off the ship. Someone in our group was pulled aside and had to pay a fine for having fruit in their backpacks. They tried to claim they didn't know they couldn't take it off the ship, despite that fact that it was stated in the personal navigator, the CMs told us at the meeting area, and there are signings before you get off the ship that all say NO FRUIT. We've done cruises to Alaska, WC, and 2EC that went to different places and the no fruit/facatory sealed rule applies to all ports.

Thanks for the heads up!

Since your surprising her with a 1 bedroom suite concierge you can make sure to take advantage of that specific concierge perks, like having any dinner from any dining room being served that evening delivered and served at a table in your room? Nice way to spend a private quite dinner. Also use the concierge team to help book and plan everything so it all goes off without a hitch (or thats the hope anyway). Enjoy the private lounge etc.

I ordered so many things for that cruise that I lost count( the USD vs CND conversion did not help).

Just for future references, I would call instead of fax. I'm not sure how they do it with fax, but when you call, they can give you an amenities confirmation # over the phone. Often times, they will email you the confirmation right away and will even stay on the line with you until you receive it.

So starting to think about excursions for our 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the disney fantasy. We are stopping at: Cozumel, Mexico; George Town - Grand Cayman; Falmouth, Jamaica & Castaway Cay.

It’s just my wife and I on the cruise and we are looking for activities and adventures (sightseeing or thrill). Any excursion you all recommend?

We did Xcaret in Cozumel, Mexico. Loved the resort. Loved the cenotes. But the bad part is, there simply NOT enough time to really enjoy the resort. Still, I would do it again, but I really wouldn't mind a few days there. The food was mediocre, but still enjoyable, but at least it was included while we were there. I would keep an eye on any security warnings from the State Dept. Of course, zika was the big hubub when we were there. Nowadays it's security warnings, but that's been lifted.

Grand Cayman was our least favorite port. We actually enjoyed the tendering, as it was something different, and it also posed great photo ops of the ship with it being further out from the port. We really struggled with excursions in Cayman. We didn't want to just lounge on the beach. Didn't want to snorkel since we could do that on Castaway Cay for free (though it's a very different experience, and one that may be more worth it for you to do an excursion in Cayman for instead of just CC.) We ended up at the Turtle Farm, and it was ok. We did do a bit of snorkeling there, and the whole place was interesting and neat, but just ok. Better than paying for just a beach experience, but not as exciting as other excursions.

Falmouth, we really enjoyed. A LOT more than we thought we would. We did the shark encounter, ending up in Dunn River Falls, and loved that. We fed, held, snorkeled, and swam with the sharks. Held some stingrays, parakeets, and iguanas. Sampled coffee, and rum. Ended the day hiking up Dunn River Falls, which was a LOT of fun.

Castaway Cay, in the past, we've done the feed and snorkel with stingrays excursion, which we did enjoy, (and part of the cost goes to Disney's Conservation Fund) but didn't do any excursions there on our Western Caribbean trip. We'd done an excursion in every port up to then that I just wanted one day of nothingness, just relaxing, and going with the flow. It was really, really nice to just go at it slow, at a leisurely pace, doing whatever, or nothing at all to relax before having to return back to the real world.

All of our excursions included lunch so we didn't have to worry about that, so that was nice.

Just for future references, I would call instead of fax. I'm not sure how they do it with fax, but when you call, they can give you an amenities confirmation # over the phone. Often times, they will email you the confirmation right away and will even stay on the line with you until you receive it.

We did Xcaret in Cozumel, Mexico. Loved the resort. Loved the cenotes. But the bad part is, there simply NOT enough time to really enjoy the resort. Still, I would do it again, but I really wouldn't mind a few days there. The food was mediocre, but still enjoyable, but at least it was included while we were there. I would keep an eye on any security warnings from the State Dept. Of course, zika was the big hubub when we were there. Nowadays it's security warnings, but that's been lifted.

Grand Cayman was our least favorite port. We actually enjoyed the tendering, as it was something different, and it also posed great photo ops of the ship with it being further out from the port. We really struggled with excursions in Cayman. We didn't want to just lounge on the beach. Didn't want to snorkel since we could do that on Castaway Cay for free (though it's a very different experience, and one that may be more worth it for you to do an excursion in Cayman for instead of just CC.) We ended up at the Turtle Farm, and it was ok. We did do a bit of snorkeling there, and the whole place was interesting and neat, but just ok. Better than paying for just a beach experience, but not as exciting as other excursions.

Falmouth, we really enjoyed. A LOT more than we thought we would. We did the shark encounter, ending up in Dunn River Falls, and loved that. We fed, held, snorkeled, and swam with the sharks. Held some stingrays, parakeets, and iguanas. Sampled coffee, and rum. Ended the day hiking up Dunn River Falls, which was a LOT of fun.

Castaway Cay, in the past, we've done the feed and snorkel with stingrays excursion, which we did enjoy, (and part of the cost goes to Disney's Conservation Fund) but didn't do any excursions there on our Western Caribbean trip. We'd done an excursion in every port up to then that I just wanted one day of nothingness, just relaxing, and going with the flow. It was really, really nice to just go at it slow, at a leisurely pace, doing whatever, or nothing at all to relax before having to return back to the real world.

All of our excursions included lunch so we didn't have to worry about that, so that was nice.

Great info, I need to look onto the shark encounter...didn’t see it on the site

Have fun on your cruise and if you find time, please report back on rely AND your thoughts and take aways from concierge. I'm starting to lean towards saving the money and just enjoying the island. THANKS!
My first concierge cruise was amazing. I wrote a trip report for it, the link is in my signature. Have fun on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter