Help needed - 10 Year Anniversary 7-nighter Western Caribbean Cruise

Question #3

Looking to book two “upgraded” meals (brunch/dinner) at Remus and/Palos....What should we choose?

Thanks for the help!

All of them for dinner. I would even recommend to book Palo brunch too.

39 DCL cruises and celebrated several anniversaries onboard. We always try to do Palo brunch or dinner. Remy is not for me...I don't want to spend 3 hours eating a meal.

Most of our cruises had a visit to Castaway Cay and never felt the need for a Cabana, especially when traveling with just my husband.

View attachment 282132 View attachment 282133

Just celebrated our 38th anniversary on the Magic our of NYC (but no Palo because we decided to bring our 2 year old granddaughter to help us celebrate)!

MJ

You know that you don't have to spend three hours there. Book early and just tell them you don't wanna miss the show and they'll bring the dishes a little bit faster.

I haven't even though about spa packages....time to do some research but I like the idea of spending the money there instead of on a cabana on CC

Passes for the Rainforest cost around 16$ per person. Loved it.

Passes for the Rainforest cost around 16$ per person. Loved it.

Day passes - which must be purchased in advance. (occasionally they have been reported available on board, but not guaranteed)

Length of cruise passes are much more - I think usually around $199 for a 7-night cruise couple pass.

What is the rainforest?

It’s part of the spa. The rainforest room has heated chairs and two whirlwind, different rain showers, a steam room and a sauna. I buy the passes because I LOVE the sauna. It’s so relaxing and has a full window so you can bake while watching the ocean.

What is the rainforest?

It’s part of the spa. The rainforest room has heated chairs and two whirlwind, different rain showers, a steam room and a sauna. I buy the passes because I LOVE the sauna. It’s so relaxing and has a full window so you can bake while watching the ocean.

What @ForMyBoys said.

As I said above, the $16ish amount is for a single day pass which can only be bought in advance via the "Gift and Amenities" page on the DCL site.

Once on board it is generally only the length-of-cruise passes that are available. I personally have never experienced them selling single day passes on board, but some say that have. I wouldn't count on it though.

What @ForMyBoys said.

As I said above, the $16ish amount is for a single day pass which can only be bought in advance via the "Gift and Amenities" page on the DCL site.

Once on board it is generally only the length-of-cruise passes that are available. I personally have never experienced them selling single day passes on board, but some say that have. I wouldn't count on it though.

I just want to mention that there was an incident once where DCL did not get my order correctly and had only sent me one pass when I had ordered two (they had also only charged me for one) and my husband has been able to purchase his once on board. Maybe it was the exception. Who knows.

I just want to mention that there was an incident once where DCL did not get my order correctly and had only sent me one pass when I had ordered two (they had also only charged me for one) and my husband has been able to purchase his once on board. Maybe it was the exception. Who knows.

As I said, GENERALLY they are not available on board. If you want day passes, I would order them ahead of time. If ordering more than one, I would probably fax the form in so that I have proof of what I ordered - or if I phoned it in and was only charged for one, I'd call back and order the required number.

Also, as I said, while there have been exceptions, I would not count on being able to purchase a single day pass once on board. It is not guaranteed. And the worst 6 words any cast or crew member ever hears - ones that get instant eye rolls even if internal eye rolls - are "I read it on the DIS..."

Congratulations on 10 years!!! :love:

We have spent several anniversaries onboard a DCL cruise.
We always have a wonderful time.
We renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary on The Magic and brought our 2 kids, their significant others and our 2 grandkids, it was amazing.
It was the first time we ever had a cabana, we became addicted!
We did 3 cruises this year to celebrate our 30th anniversary, LOL! I know crazy but we love it! We took our grandkids with us in January for a 4 night the actual week of our anniversary. Then in April/May we did our first B2B in The Southern Caribbean alone for a belated celebration just the two of us on The Magic.
See my point? Addiction!!!
Anyway, I suggest Palo Brunch for sure, its the best food and you can't beat the price for a brunch like this. At home the same quality here in Ft. Lauderdale is probably in the range of $80 a person.
We tried Remy once, we enjoyed it. But I personally prefer Palo dinner more.

Since you are staying concierge, I say go for it and splurge on a cabana on SB, they are so nice and relaxing to spend the day in.
We like a break from the sun and there is nothing like it to spoil yourselves. You wont regret it. Again, addiction!!

Have a wonderful time!!!

As I said, GENERALLY they are not available on board. If you want day passes, I would order them ahead of time. If ordering more than one, I would probably fax the form in so that I have proof of what I ordered - or if I phoned it in and was only charged for one, I'd call back and order the required number.

I had faxed the order and brought the fax confirmation with me. I did not know it was not ok until I got on board.

Day passes - which must be purchased in advance. (occasionally they have been reported available on board, but not guaranteed)

Length of cruise passes are much more - I think usually around $199 for a 7-night cruise couple pass.

I wonder if concierge level may have more luck securing day passes on the ship.

I had faxed the order and brought the fax confirmation with me. I did not know it was not ok until I got on board.

I always verify the charges with my account. If I only saw $16 whatever come out I would have called.

I wonder if concierge level may have more luck securing day passes on the ship.

Possibly IF there are any available. They can’t make space where there isn’t - Concierge or not.

Thanks for the info, sounds relaxing

Congratulations on 10 years!!! :love:

We have spent several anniversaries onboard a DCL cruise.
We always have a wonderful time.
We renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary on The Magic and brought our 2 kids, their significant others and our 2 grandkids, it was amazing.
It was the first time we ever had a cabana, we became addicted!
We did 3 cruises this year to celebrate our 30th anniversary, LOL! I know crazy but we love it! We took our grandkids with us in January for a 4 night the actual week of our anniversary. Then in April/May we did our first B2B in The Southern Caribbean alone for a belated celebration just the two of us on The Magic.
See my point? Addiction!!!
Anyway, I suggest Palo Brunch for sure, its the best food and you can't beat the price for a brunch like this. At home the same quality here in Ft. Lauderdale is probably in the range of $80 a person.
We tried Remy once, we enjoyed it. But I personally prefer Palo dinner more.

Since you are staying concierge, I say go for it and splurge on a cabana on SB, they are so nice and relaxing to spend the day in.
We like a break from the sun and there is nothing like it to spoil yourselves. You wont regret it. Again, addiction!!

Have a wonderful time!!!

Thank you so much for the insight! Really appreciate it

So starting to think about excursions for our 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the disney fantasy. We are stopping at: Cozumel, Mexico; George Town - Grand Cayman; Falmouth, Jamaica & Castaway Cay.

It’s just my wife and I on the cruise and we are looking for activities and adventures (sightseeing or thrill). Any excursion you all recommend?

Remy is amazing! If you like dessert, the dessert experience (Thursday afternoon I think), was really good. Seriously, if they moved Remy to another cruise line and it was just as good, I wouldn't sail DCL again. I like DCL a lot, but I like Remy a whole lot more.

Definitely rainforest pass. If not the full cruise, then a day or two would work as well.

If you drink, the alcohol tastings are really good. We like Mixology. Did a cognac, but wouldn't do it again. We are not super cognac fans. Did the chocolate & liquor one, which was really good.

ADDED: We really like the catamaran, reef, and shipwreck snorkel in Cayman. We have done it twice now. I wouldn't bother doing any excursions on Castaway Cay. There's so much to day otherwise, and it's nice to have a relaxing day at the end of your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter