Help need some more savings trip

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
had some unexpected expenses come up and I'm looking for ways to save while at WDW. We are going in 2 weeks, tickets, airline, rental car and hotel already paid. We actually changed our hotel from BC to Corando Springs so that saved close to $500.00. I'm taking Breakfast/lunch snacks for in the room. We have a number of character meals planned and I'm not giving those up. We will have a car and I'm planning on doing souvener shopping at the outlets and DD with my DC. Any other great ideas.

One option would be to trade a character meal for the Ice Cream Social in Epcot. At $7 or so per person, you'll save $20-$30 depending on how many of you there are, and you still get to see the characters. (Altho' I've read mixed reviews about character interaction at this event.)

Eat off-site occasionally since you have a car. We ate at the Cracker Barrel one evening; there are plenty of spots off-site where you'll save $.

Since you've paid for so much already (plane, hotel, car), food and souvies are really the only places for you to find some savings. You might look for t-shirts, keychains, etc. at your local Disney store before you leave - you can take them as surprises and not purchase them at a premium in Orlando.

Have fun!!!!

I've got a tip -- TAKE ME ALONG!!! I'll even treat you to dinner one night!!! :D

I'm not sure how important a car is to you but if you use a
town car service you could save probably a 100 or so. I narrowed
down my souvenir list down to the bear minimum. Tshirt,sweatshirt,
refllable mug , keychain, pin and few things extra for son. If your kid is like
mine, he'll want a certain toy and no other toy will do.

My kids each have their own Disney Dollars to spend and that's it. They will have to decide how much they really want something, but with a preset limit (Disney $) I won't have an enormous souvenir bill and they still get something from the park!!!!

If you don't plan to do much off-site, you can probably save some money by using Mears or TTC instead of renting a car. I priced a rental and found that I could save over $100 by using TTC. (But, we really don't go anywhere off-site either.)

The ice cream social at GG is a great suggestion! It's a rather inexpensive way to get some one-on-one time with the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter