Help - My notices and alerts are off since update

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
I am getting emails, which I totally don't want at all in any way ever, while I am not getting the little bell alerts in the top right.

Anyone know the secret handshake I need to make things go back to how they were pre update?

Have you clicked your name in the top right, then Account Details, Preferences?

Scroll down and check "Receive a notification when someone..." next to the applicable topic.

Yes, I think there are boxes to check for your preferences if you go to your profile.

Funny, I had it checked to get emails, but I never do! A long time ago I did.

I should probably update my details too. I don’t want emails after all. :rolleyes1

Yes, I think there are boxes to check for your preferences if you go to your profile.

Funny, I had it checked to get emails, but I never do! A long time ago I did.

I should probably update my details too. I don’t want emails after all. :rolleyes1
My emails stopped a while back, and nothing I did would start them again. From reading around it appears that my email carrier labeled them as spam at some point. I think my carrier was getting too many complaints about various spam (nothing DIS specific) and tightened the settings. Nothing I did would get them through the filter. So I changed my email for this site, then forwarded that email to my main email account and it worked.

I will say that some time later even that email stopped coming, so I switched again, and it worked again.

I will also remind everyone that at some point you have to visit threads to get notices (and emails) coming again. As an alternative, click the "mark forums read" link above. That will reset and start them coming again if that was the issue.

Have you clicked your name in the top right, then Account Details, Preferences?

Scroll down and check "Receive a notification when someone..." next to the applicable topic.
Yes, I did that and everything is off yet I am still getting emails for threads I am current in, like the Funny Memes one. I would like to get the little bell alerts but don't trust it to work.

Yes, I did that and everything is off yet I am still getting emails for threads I am current in, like the Funny Memes one. I would like to get the little bell alerts but don't trust it to work.
After 1 or 2 notices, you no longer get alerts (or emails) until you visit the thread again (or click "mark forums read").

After 1 or 2 notices, you no longer get alerts (or emails) until you visit the thread again (or click "mark forums read").
Do you mean every time I visit a thread I am activating 2 emails related to that thread, even when email is off? This doesn't quite fit since I looked at a bunch yesterday, but maybe it happens every time I post... although still no, it doesn't match? I'm only getting a few & they are erratic.

email dis.png

Do you mean every time I visit a thread I am activating 2 emails related to that thread, even when email is off? This doesn't quite fit since I looked at a bunch yesterday, but maybe it happens every time I post... although still no, it doesn't match? I'm only getting a few & they are erratic.

View attachment 680760
Not sure what you mean by "even if email is off". You only get emails if you are subscribed. And then only if you are visiting the actual thread (or clicking "mark forums read").

But honestly, it has never seemed black and white like that. Basically, there's some sort of algorithm that tries not to spam you with alerts (even if you signed up for them) if you aren't active in that thread any longer. If you notice you aren't getting alerts or emails, visit the threads or click "mark forums read" and they should start again. If you still don't get them, then it's another issue that needs to be addressed differently.

I will also remind everyone that at some point you have to visit threads to get notices (and emails) coming again. As an alternative, click the "mark forums read" link above. That will reset and start them coming again if that was the issue.

I just wanted to report that I am no longer getting email notifications either.
I've re-checked my settings - still selected to get the email notifications. Did the above, no email notifications. When I get a email notifications I know that I may not get another until I open that notification, and I've participated in the few threads I enjoy recently. Still no notifications.
I'm guessing it's got to do with the new server issue or upgrade or whatever they site admins have going on.

I've re-checked my settings - still selected to get the email notifications. Did the above, no email notifications. When I get a email notifications I know that I may not get another until I open that notification, and I've participated in the few threads I enjoy recently. Still no notifications.
I'm guessing it's got to do with the new server issue or upgrade or whatever they site admins have going on.
I am also no longer receiving emails, even though my preferences in settings remain unchanged, I am participating in numerous threads, and I am still getting the bell notifications. Been that way since the changeover.

Same. no emails, settings seem correct, I have revisted threads

Email notification was working fine until yesterday. As of last night, no email alerts, settings appear correct, and the bell alerts show up sometimes.

So glad this has been fixed. Now I have to go fix the mess I made when I changed emails trying to fix it myself before I knew it was a system problem.

Holy cow, same!! Now I need to update some settings cause I definitely don’t want THAT many!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter