• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help, monorail down and lunch reservations at Chef Mickeys?

We have reservations for 2:30 at Chef Mickeys on September 1. It says that the monorail is closed at that time, how do i get 10 people over to the restaurant in a timely manner. This completely throws my plans and now I'm wondering if I should cancel that reservation (It was the only request of my 9 yr old son) or go with the crazy.
I think you are confusing the current Express Monorail Tues-Thur 11:30-6:00 PM shutdowns and the Resort Monorail.

The Resort Monorail is scheduled to be working on Sept. 1st on a normal schedule. The other PPs have indicated that you have an option to walk from the MK to the CR as an option but given the potential heat in the afternoon, I would strongly consider the Resort Monorail for a quick hop to the CR and Chef Mickeys. This will allow your group to cool down before the meal.

Choosing to walk back to the MK from the CR might be an option if you don't want to wait for the Resort Monorail to make stops at the TTC, Poly and GF before returning to the MK. Again, I would let the heat or possible afternoon rain decide the return path to the MK.

Dave

it is only like a 5-10 min from the park to the contemporary resort. we stayed at blt last year and never took the monorail back. it seemed if you did not time it right you would be waiting longer then the actual walk over

The walk up the ramp, combined with the wait in line and the potential that you end up stopped in the middle combined are far longer, hotter and more stressful then the short 10 min walk, in my opinion, but your mileage may vary!

I'm another who would much rather walk over to the Contemporary from the MK then walk all the way up the ramp to the monorail, wait for the monorail, and then make my way down to the restaurant from the monorail platform inside the Contemporary. But we also use a stroller and the logistics of walking over to the Contemporary are a lot easier.

I just read about the monorail going under refurbishment during our trip next week. I'm concerned about getting from MK to Epcot for an ADR as well.

I think you are confusing the current Express Monorail Tues-Thur 11:30-6:00 PM shutdowns and the Resort Monorail.

The Resort Monorail is scheduled to be working on Sept. 1st on a normal schedule. The other PPs have indicated that you have an option to walk from the MK to the CR as an option but given the potential heat in the afternoon, I would strongly consider the Resort Monorail for a quick hop to the CR and Chef Mickeys. This will allow your group to cool down before the meal.

Choosing to walk back to the MK from the CR might be an option if you don't want to wait for the Resort Monorail to make stops at the TTC, Poly and GF before returning to the MK. Again, I would let the heat or possible afternoon rain decide the return path to the MK.

Dave
Can you please point me in the direction of the schedule? Thanks!

I just read about the monorail going under refurbishment during our trip next week. I'm concerned about getting from MK to Epcot for an ADR as well.

Can you please point me in the direction of the schedule? Thanks!

The EPCOT beam does have some late opening hours for some mornings during the week. Here is the current "Times Guide" link: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

You can get the current copy when you arrive: pick one up at your resort front desk or at the front of any park.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter