HELP ME with luggage scales

I bought a cheap one from boscovs and it works great. Don't know where it's at wife puts it away somewhere.

I like to be around 43 pounds or less going out.

On the way there you will have soap,shampoo, deordant, sunscreen, etc. that you won't have coming back.

On the way back your clothes will weigh a little more from sweat.

On the way back you will have more stuff. More clothes that you bought as souvenirs. Stuff that DCL and DVC gives you. Also gifts for people.

:rotfl2:

I've seen guests bringing suitcases to ship guest services to be weighed. So they may still have luggage scales available for guest use. YMMV

I hope it's okay to bump this thread.

Can anyone confirm that guest services are able to weigh your bags?

We have a single flight (before our major flight home) a couple of days after the end of our upcoming cruise and the weight restriction is quite tight. I'd like to be able to weigh my packed bag on the final day of the cruise to determine whether or not I'm overweight and, if so, purchase an additional bag / extra weight for the flight (which can only be purchased at least 30 hours before our flight).

I read in another thread that there are scales in the fitness area or locker room, but I'd prefer to avoid the embarrassment of dragging my suitcase into the gym just to use the scales!

Thanks in advance!

Buy inexpensive digital scale.

I consider "hassle factor" when purchasing. Weighing luggage other than inside stateroom is a big hassle. Well worth the money to buy a scale.

Camry Digital Luggage Scale 110lbs / 50kgs Large and Blue Backlight LCD Display from Amazon. $10.96
Accurate, small. I keep inside original box and take extra battery. I put items in my Amazon "wish list" and when a lightening sale occurs I get a notification. These scales were recently on sale.

Camry Digital Luggage Scale 110lbs / 50kgs Large and Blue Backlight LCD Display from Amazon. $10.96

Thanks, but I live in Australia and our Amazon selection is poor and expensive.

I'm happy to have the "hassle" of taking the bag to guest services if they're able to weigh it for me. If not, I guess I'll have to take it to the gym / locker room.

My apologies. Didn't know the situation. Use whatever method of weighing luggage that works for you. Have a wonderful cruise.

I'm happy to have the "hassle" of taking the bag to guest services if they're able to weigh it for me. If not, I guess I'll have to take it to the gym / locker room.

Have you searched Amazon Australia for luggage scales recently ? Because I just did and there are quite a few (though no brand names,at least not North American brand names) and they are quite reasonably priced, comparable to what I pay here in Canada on Amazon Canada and about the same as Amazon USA. Some are under $10 but most in the $10 to $15 range.

I HIGHLY suggest getting the type with a strap that you loop around the handle of your suitcase. The kind with a hook are very annoying to use and can sometimes be quite challenging if the hook decides it does not want to stay put.

SW

I suggest a style like this one:

https://www.amazon.com.au/QUMOX-Precision-Digital-Suitcase-Capacity/dp/B0761PW2DP

Can't speak to whether that specific brand is any good, but the style of it is the style that works best, IME: hold one or two hands; strap to hold bag; replacable battery; easy to read display.

An alternative would be if you have a department store that has a travel/luggage section in it -- even the equivalent of a Walmart -- a luggage scale is often one of the "accessories" that they stock, along with things like money wallets, luggage tags, locks, and the like.

SW

I have a digital scale that hooks on to the luggage and we weight it. Don't know the make. We've never had a problem of wrong readings or overweight charges. But, we do try to stay about 2-5 pounds below the required weight to fly.

Do you have stores there that are similar to Target and Walmart? I have something like this that I got for under $10 https://www.walmart.com/ip/American-Tourister-At-luggage-Scale/931537039
You can likely even find one in a drug store.

Do you have stores there that are similar to Target and Walmart?

Yes, I'll hunt around in local stores. Although, I would much prefer just to take the bag to guest services IF they're able to weigh it there. The more "stuff" I have to pack, the heavier the bag will be!

Yes, I'll hunt around in local stores. Although, I would much prefer just to take the bag to guest services IF they're able to weigh it there. The more "stuff" I have to pack, the heavier the bag will be!
I have never regretted buying a small luggage scale. We use it any time we're going to fly and take it with us. It's small and lightweight and so handy. I'm sure it's saved us its price in overweight fees many times over. I think I got ours at Target.

I totally understand and often do the same. Unfortunately, Disney is consistently inconsistent, so unless they have it in writing as a service that they offer, I wouldn't count on it. A luggage scale is pretty small, often times you can shove it in a shoe, and well worth the investment.

I have never regretted buying a small luggage scale. We use it any time we're going to fly and take it with us. It's small and lightweight and so handy. I'm sure it's saved us its price in overweight fees many times over. I think I got ours at Target.

I would love to have one that keeps working. I've got three -- one digital and two a dial -- and all three don't weigh the bags properly and we always end up overweight at the airport, even though my scale showed 45 pounds! UGH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter