Help me sound-proof my son (earplugs ?)

jenfur

DIS Veteran
My DS is 10, but has always been deathly afraid of fireworks due to the noise. I figured he would grow out of it but he's 10 and he still freaks out. Last year it was the worst- We watched the MK fireworks at the Polynesian beach and he sat behind my beach chair and covered his ears, we went to MVMCP and I had the most awesomest of seats for the fireworks BUT he got hysterical (cryed like a baby) and we missed them all together. Then I had to view Fantasmic without DH and son because they had to go to the room because son couldn't handle it- I really didn't like having to splitthe family up. SOOO, I suppose my question is, are there any earplugs that nearly completely block out all sound? I have seen the earmuff thingies that people were to car races, would these work? I am at a loss- fireworks are a big deal to me and my other two kids and it is getting to be a pain to plan around.

The Ear muff things for car races would work great!! They are basically the same things that they wear on air craft carrier's to block out sonic boom from jets. I have tried them and you can hear nothing!!! If they can block out sonic boom they can block out fireworks!!;)

You might also look at the ear plugs construction workers use. I have a student who is autistic and he wears these during gym class because he can't stand the noise. They are attached to a cord, one ear plug on each end.

How about a CD player with the music from the parks while he watches the fireworks? With headphones, of course. Then he would get a festive feeling instead of just dulled noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter