• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me remember what not to forget to pack please

wrmiller13

Mouseketeer
Been posting on here as we are getting ready for our big family trip in 21 days! We have been many times before, so I consider myself a pretty good packet. But, I am scared I will forget or am forgetting something! We have 2 rooms at CBR. Our travel party is the following: me, DH, 20 DS, 18 DD, 15 DD, 13 DS, 4 FD ( foster daughter) 18 mos FS and 12 mos FS ( 4 yr olds baby brother) I have the collapsible shelves, the over the door shoe hangars, collapsible hampers, bins for bathroom and table for toiletries/keys and receipts, clothes pins for suits, cups for toothbrushes, night lights, window decorations, phew....help me figure out what other items I may not be remembering please! ( don't worry, I remembered clothes, suits, pjs, diapers, wipes and all those basics!)

The actual name escapes me but we always bring extra extension cords with outlets because there are never enough outlets to plug in your electronics in the room. Do you have envelopes for your daily mousekeeping tips? Enough dollar bills to tip ME driver, bell hope and others? Have your pre-purchased Disney souvenirs and princess costumes for the 4yo? That's what comes up right away. There are some good Disney specific packing lists on Pinterests also.

I did forget the Mousekeeping envelopes!! Thank you!! Need the extra $$ too! Thank you so much! Got the dresses, "Tinker bell" gifts, glow sticks, and those goodies!! Hubby would never, ever forget the power strips and multiple phone chargers! ...or the teenagers either!!

I pack my own laundry soap. I don't want rashes or other reactions to unfamiliar laundry soap. Are you flying or driving? With this many people I might order some of the stuff (diapers, wipes snacks) and have it delivered to the resort.

-Deodorized bags for disposing of the messy diapers in the room trash!

-does anyone need a white noise machine? One of mine does and I forgot it last time!

-Cleaning wipes for disinfecting the hotel’s pack n plays (if you’re using them) and common surfaces (I’m a germaphobe and wipe down everything. I swear one of my kids always becomes enamored with the phone or remote in hotels!)

I pack my own laundry soap. I don't want rashes or other reactions to unfamiliar laundry soap. Are you flying or driving? With this many people I might order some of the stuff (diapers, wipes snacks) and have it delivered to the resort.
Driving...2 cars, lol! That's a very good idea!!

-Deodorized bags for disposing of the messy diapers in the room trash!

-does anyone need a white noise machine? One of mine does and I forgot it last time!

-Cleaning wipes for disinfecting the hotel’s pack n plays (if you’re using them) and common surfaces (I’m a germaphobe and wipe down everything. I swear one of my kids always becomes enamored with the phone or remote in hotels!)
I did get Lysol wipes! I am the same way! No one wants their family to get sick, but with 7 kids, its just the worst....we are sick for WEEKS!! I will bring a Lysol spray for the pack and plays!, THAT is an excellent suggestion!!! We don't use white noise machines, but do use ceiling fans, so hoping the ones at CBR do the trick! Thanks for the great reminders!!

Been posting on here as we are getting ready for our big family trip in 21 days! We have been many times before, so I consider myself a pretty good packet. But, I am scared I will forget or am forgetting something! We have 2 rooms at CBR. Our travel party is the following: me, DH, 20 DS, 18 DD, 15 DD, 13 DS, 4 FD ( foster daughter) 18 mos FS and 12 mos FS ( 4 yr olds baby brother) I have the collapsible shelves, the over the door shoe hangars, collapsible hampers, bins for bathroom and table for toiletries/keys and receipts, clothes pins for suits, cups for toothbrushes, night lights, window decorations, phew....help me figure out what other items I may not be remembering please! ( don't worry, I remembered clothes, suits, pjs, diapers, wipes and all those basics!)
I second the power strip for extra plugs to recharge everything and are never enough plugs esp with that many teens. also bath soap if anyone has problems with soaps. if bringing sippy cups or bottles a folding drying rack and bottle brush and dish soap for nightly cleaning. a folding step stool if 4 year old uses to reach sink at home

If you need the sound of a fan, white noise, etc. there are dozens of free apps you can download and play on your phone, iPad, etc. Just one less thing to remember to pack! And, if the one doesn't work out in your room, there is an alternative! BTDT!

I second the power strip for extra plugs to recharge everything and are never enough plugs esp with that many teens. also bath soap if anyone has problems with soaps. if bringing sippy cups or bottles a folding drying rack and bottle brush and dish soap for nightly cleaning. a folding step stool if 4 year old uses to reach sink at home
Brilliant! The folding step stool! I never would have thought of that ( at home she stands on the toilet lid, lol) and double the drying rack!! Thank you!!

I couple things I have I didn't see mentioned is a pinless twisted bungee cord clothesline (available in the camping department) which I stretch across the top of the shower to hang things to dry and a medical heating pad which I use to reheat leftovers and keep the coffee warm I get for my wife while she is still sleeping.

-Rain ponchos (disposable dollar store type) for everyone traveling
- rain covers and sun covers for stollers
-Laundry pods (for washing machines)
-plastic cutlery/dishes (for snacks/breakfast in room)
-dish soap in a small travel bottle and a sponge
-ziplock bags all sizes for snacks and unexpected messes in the park.
-a couple of microfiber camping towels to carry into the park (can be used as a towel if needed or a blanket)
-scissors (came in handy so many times)
-potrable battery charger (for phone)
-power block to plug in serval devices at once
-Medication is an obvious one but I always forget something on each trip so decided to give you a list:
Tylenol, Advil, Gravol, equivalent baby meds for the little ones, electolytes (powder), heartburn meds, Immodium, cold meds, saline solution, Polysporin, Benedryl, reg Bandaids, Crotizone cream (anti itch), zinc oxide cream for babies/toddlers, sunscreen, aloa vera gel for sunburns, anti-fungal cream, medicated foot powder, Blister Bandaids, Band-aid's anti-blister stick, thermometer, tiny first aid kit.

-Rain ponchos (disposable dollar store type) for everyone traveling
- rain covers and sun covers for stollers
-Laundry pods (for washing machines)
-plastic cutlery/dishes (for snacks/breakfast in room)
-dish soap in a small travel bottle and a sponge
-ziplock bags all sizes for snacks and unexpected messes in the park.
-a couple of microfiber camping towels to carry into the park (can be used as a towel if needed or a blanket)
-scissors (came in handy so many times)
-potrable battery charger (for phone)
-power block to plug in serval devices at once
-Medication is an obvious one but I always forget something on each trip so decided to give you a list:
Tylenol, Advil, Gravol, equivalent baby meds for the little ones, electolytes (powder), heartburn meds, Immodium, cold meds, saline solution, Polysporin, Benedryl, reg Bandaids, Crotizone cream (anti itch), zinc oxide cream for babies/toddlers, sunscreen, aloa vera gel for sunburns, anti-fungal cream, medicated foot powder, Blister Bandaids, Band-aid's anti-blister stick, thermometer, tiny first aid kit.
Perfect!!! Thank you!! We are going in 11 days! Scissors are brilliant! I would not have remembered those!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter