Help me prove DH wrong...

I am so glad that others are doing all the math for this!

Hannahbelle makes a good point. Anyway, I just cannot believe the number is that high. I am not saying it isn't, I have been wrong about plenty of things before (as DH likes to remind me!:rotfl: ) I actually went to Deb's site, allearsnet.com and asked this question in the "Anita Answer" column!

Where is it posted that there are 31,000 rooms? I found 24,000 by googling, but that may be an outdated number.

You know who may be able to find this out? Lou Mongello, the guy that compiled the WDW Trivia Books! He posts on here, I can't remember isr screen name, some like initials and numbers. I am going to see if I can find him.:thumbsup2

If they say that "10.1 million people visited MK last year", does that mean 10.1 million individuals or do that possible count the same person multiple times?

For instance, if I go for 8 days and go to the MK for 3 days and each day I go in the morning, leave for a mid day break and then go back in the evening...I have entered the turnstiles a total of 6 times. Does that make sense? I am only one person, but I would generate 6 "clicks".

:confused3

Are they counting clicks or are they counting tickets used?

Disney only counts your first admission of the day as attendance. That means if you go to AK in the morning then MK in the evening, you don't count towards the MK attendance for that day at all.

This is interesting. I agree that more probably stay offsite. I would also say that those staying offsite probably do other parks as well, while those staying onsite, are more likely to do JUST Disney.
I went On the EMH night and the crowd was soooo much smaller. I know not everyone takes advantage of these hours, but to me, that shows just how many people don't stay on site as well.

if 16 million people visited MK last year, then that is an average of nearly 44,000 per day. Obviously some days will be higher than that and some days lower. I read that at 75,000 they close the parking lot. popcorn::
I'd love to know how many of those are locals. My guess is, not a huge percentage. But I could be totally off.

In my experience, when people tell me they're going to Disney, and the conversation gets far enough along to me asking where they've decided to stay, they tend to be staying at a rental home, time share maybe the Ritz Carlton... and about a third of the time they are staying on-site.

Where is it posted that there are 31,000 rooms? I found 24,000 by googling, but that may be an outdated number.
31,000 may include the Downtown Disney resorts - 24,000 sounds about right. Anita Answer fielded this question last year and listed a total by resort, but I don't think it included the HPB properties.

Anyway, according to this http://www.orlandoinfo.com/uk/accommodations/accommodations.cfm page, there are over 112,000 hotel rooms in the Orlando area. Subtract the 24,000 Disney rooms and you've got 88,000. Simple calculations based on other posts in this thread would indicate that about 21.42% of the WDW Guests stay onsite.

Okay, this site states 'over

The previous poster is assuming that all visitors in an Orlando hotel room are attending a WDW park, which would not be the case. It's safe to assume that if one stays at a WDW resort you are indeed going to one of the parks. Also, I'm guessing timeshares, rental homes, etc. are not included in the number of Orlando hotel rooms. I would agree with previous posters that daytrippers and off-site would out number on-site guests.

my figures show 24,300 rooms at WDW (this does not count the new AKV being built at present time ) - however does still count the north wing at CR.

rooms
All stars sport 1920
All stars music 1728
All stars movies 1920
Pop Century 2880
POR 2048
POFQ 1000
CBR 2112
CSR 1967
Polyn 847
Cont 761
BC 603
YC 630
BWI 380
GF 900
AKL 1291
WL 728

total
OKW 761
BWV 533
VWL 181
BCV 282
SSR 828

so what am I not counting?

Pat,

The only thing I see missing is Fort Wilderness, and I guess Swan and Dolphin, though not Disney owned, are on site.

The 31,000 figure I found in Passporter it said number of hotel rooms and campsites on Disney property so I'm thinking that probably includes the DTD hotels as well.

Great after reading this entire thread I just fried my calculator....:headache: ...off to Staples.

I have my handy dandy 2007 UG with me so I looked at what they have listed:

All Star Resorts: 5,664
AKL: 1,293
BCV: 282
BWI: 372
BWV: 372
CBR: 2,112
CR: 1,008
CSR: 1,921
Dolphin: 1,509
Ft. Wilderness: 409
GF: 853
OKW: 761
Poly: 853
Pop: 2,880
POR: 3,056
SSR: 840
Shades: 586
Swan: 758
WL & Villas: 864
Yacht & Beach Club: 1,197

That gives us a total of 27,590 rooms technically on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter