Help me plan our anniversary trip!

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
My 22nd anniversary is coming up and we are planning a 2 weeks trip. We were going to do this kind of trip for our 20th, but college visits got in the way and then last year we were busy as well.

We are thinking of doing the following: Yellowstone, Glacier, Banff and Lake Louise. The problem? We know NOTHING about any of these areas and I don't even know where to start. We are going in mid-late September and we have up to 14 days to make this trip. We would likely fly into one spot, rent a car and drive up or down.

Can anyone give me any ideas on these areas? What should we make sure we do? Where should we stay? I normally like to rent homes but realize this might not viable with this trip, so I am open to any hotels you might suggest!

Thanks and I am really looking forward to seeing what you suggest!

My 22nd anniversary is coming up and we are planning a 2 weeks trip. We were going to do this kind of trip for our 20th, but college visits got in the way and then last year we were busy as well.

We are thinking of doing the following: Yellowstone, Glacier, Banff and Lake Louise. The problem? We know NOTHING about any of these areas and I don't even know where to start. We are going in mid-late September and we have up to 14 days to make this trip. We would likely fly into one spot, rent a car and drive up or down.

Can anyone give me any ideas on these areas? What should we make sure we do? Where should we stay? I normally like to rent homes but realize this might not viable with this trip, so I am open to any hotels you might suggest!

Thanks and I am really looking forward to seeing what you suggest!
We've been looking into going to Yellowstone in the next year or two. We like to travel off season and so I was looking at September. There's a lot of things to see there and plenty of information on their website. There are also some suggested itineraries on the web depending on how many days you plan on being in the park. Weather should be good in September.

We're considering staying in two areas of the park, 2-3 nights each. We like the looks of the Old Faithful Snow Lodge and either the Canyon Lodge or Lake Yellowstone Hotel. We are looking at flying into Salt Lake City and then driving up thru the Grand Tetons. After Yellowstone we may drive east towards Devil's Tower and Mount Rushmore but I like your idea of heading north.

Happy anniversary!

We did a wonderful trip a few years back-jasper, banff, Waterton-glacier and then in through Montana and idaho and back to oregon. Jasper is really gorgeous and I totally recommend driving the whole park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter