Help me plan an All Inclusive Vacation

Just curious and not sure where you are coming from, but with a $5k budget it doesn't need to be an all inclusive. Have you considered someplace a bit more exotic yet very safe like Hawaii? DH and I went to Oahu and Maui on our honeymoon and we packed our schedule for 10 days and did as much sightseeing as we could.

If it is just you and your husband, I recommend Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica all day long!!!!! The resort is located on 7 mile beach in southwest Jamaica, and it's absolutely amazing. The resort is not a "Grand" anything; it's on the smaller side and it's got a very beachy, tropical vibe, and we think it is PERFECT.

We've been twice and have not been disappointed with the food, the service, or the yummy drinks! It's perfectly safe to walk off the resort down the beach in either direction or catch a taxi into the town of Negril.

Also included are a sunset catamaran cruise, scuba diving, snorkeling, hobie cats, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, water skiing, tennis lessons, yoga... pretty much any activity you can think of.

Feel free to pm me with any questions! We loooooooooove this resort and can't wait to go back!!

Irin997 said:
Just curious and not sure where you are coming from, but with a $5k budget it doesn't need to be an all inclusive. Have you considered someplace a bit more exotic yet very safe like Hawaii? DH and I went to Oahu and Maui on our honeymoon and we packed our schedule for 10 days and did as much sightseeing as we could.

We are in Pittsburgh.

I like the idea of not having to worry about the cash. We can prepay for the trip and eat & drink without thinking twice about it.

I would love to see Hawaii, but I feel like I'd lose 3 days of vacation just on the airplane.

We stayed all-inclusive at Crown Paradise in Cancun in 2009. We went through a local travel agent through Apple Vacations. Although it wasn't a 5 star resort, it was beautiful and we had a great time. The kids loved the kid's club and we loved the free bar and food;). We stayed for 5 nights I believe, and with roundtrip airfaire we played around $3200.

We did travel off site to the marketplace. It was a little intimidating (we did not take the kids) but after everything on the news right now, we would not leave the hotel if we went now. In fact, even though DH loved the vacation he is refusing to go to Mexico again... more Disney trips I guess.:rolleyes1

If I were you try booking the trip yourself through expedia, travelocity, apple, funjet etc. Will be cheaper. for an all-inclusive for 2 people you will DEFINITELY keep it much under 5,000. I have been to Mexico--Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, etc..very nice and safe, never felt a problem leaving resort. Jamaica..beautiful and no issues, love the Dom. Repub. have been at least 6 times. Though I do feel there are limited things to do for excursions compared to those in Mexico. I think there is more to do leaving the resorts in Mexico vs. Dom Repub. I think Mexico you get the best bang for your buck, although last year we did direct flights (round trip) to Punta Cana 1,000 each for the week. I always tip regardless if it says including in the package. That is just me. I see their way of life vs. my way of life and feel only appropriate to do so. Like I said..this is my way...not the right or wrong way..just how I feel. We tend to go during "hurricane" season..obviously best value but you do have the chance of "hurricanes" so far we have been lucky. Love the Iberostars, Barcelo and Grand Palladiums... good luck with your decisions

We are in Pittsburgh.

I like the idea of not having to worry about the cash. We can prepay for the trip and eat & drink without thinking twice about it.

I would love to see Hawaii, but I feel like I'd lose 3 days of vacation just on the airplane.

Ah gotcha! It's definitely a long flight, that's for sure. You miss 1 day traveling out there and then we took a red eye home so we had almost a full last day but then a long first day back home.

I've never done all inclusinve but have heard wonderful things about Beaches resorts. I'm not sure on island safety, but I know that when I went on a cruise a few years ago, I loved St. Maarten. But then again, we really only saw the tourist areas.

I have also heard the Mexican Riviera Maya is highly recommened. My DH's boss usually goes every year around Thanksgiving and they have a great time. Plus there is a lot to see and do there like ruins, snorkeling, etc. I think they have stayed at the Riu resorts and Iberostar and liked both. Bonus, traveling to Mexico for an all inclusive is pretty darn cheap! And like you said, no need to even bring a wallet if you plan on staying on property.

I was also going to mention cheapcaribbean.com my coworker used them for a trip to Dominican, just make sure you stay in Punta Cana if you go, she was on the other side and got bored. My brother and dad went to Puerto Vallarta and went outside the resort, my brother did the club scene where they take you on a party bus, he met alot of nice people. I love Aruba check that out too!

I second couples swept away!!!! We will be going back there july 6-13 at it cost us 4400 an when they say everything is included they mean it!! Last time there we did a pub crawl where they took us all over Negril an it was awesome my wife is not a drinker an she enjoyed it more than me!!

We are in Pittsburgh. I like the idea of not having to worry about the cash. We can prepay for the trip and eat & drink without thinking twice about it. I would love to see Hawaii, but I feel like I'd lose 3 days of vacation just on the airplane.

I am in Pitt too, I recommend cancun. We loved it and water is beautiful. Tons to do. Iberostar is super nice check it out.

I second couples swept away!!!! We will be going back there july 6-13 at it cost us 4400 an when they say everything is included they mean it!! Last time there we did a pub crawl where they took us all over Negril an it was awesome my wife is not a drinker an she enjoyed it more than me!!

Does this include your airfare?

Yes that is including round trip air fair! From Chicago - Jamaica! And it also includes our transportation from Jamaica airport to the resort an back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter