• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help me pick!

jazzatola

Are we there yet???
debating between staying at HoJo's for $169 p/night vs Castle Inn $128 p/night.. pro's con's anyone? thanks in advance :thumbsup2

My family has never stayed at the Castle Inn, so I can't say much about that, but the Howard Johnson is great! We've stayed there three times now, I believe, and it's really a great hotel for families. The water park is fun for kids, and the normal pool is nice too, and it's the perfect distance to Disneyland, like only a fifteen minute walk. All of our stays there have been great! So I can definitely vouch for the convenience and general niceness of Howard Johnson! Plus, it's right by Mimi's Cafe!

I LOVE Hojo's and have stayed there numerous times over the years (back when the rates were significantly less). The water park area is great if you have little ones and the grounds are very pretty. I like staying in the buildings that have interior corridors.

We stayed at Castle Inn last November in a family suite. I loved having the two separate rooms and feel like the walk was about the same distance as Hojo's. We did have some noise outside our room one morning, with people standing around talking outside our room, but of course that can happen anywhere. But it is motel-style with exterior corridors.

Both places were extremely clean. Castle Inn was recently renovated when we were there.

All that said, we are staying at Castle Inn next month as we got the best rate there. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter