• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me pick our BW hotel

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
Debating between BW Anaheim Inn, Raffles, and Stovalls. 6 nights lasting over Xmas week.

Our party will have a I believe 5 and 7 year old at the time who have never been to the Disney or any theme park/carnival and aren't very active. We will be going for Xmas and will also overlap with 5/6 yr old birthday.
We will be doing 2 maybe 3 Park days. Day 1 and maybe 2 will be to figure out what the kids like. And then the last day will be a VIP tour to cap it off.
One down day will do GC princess dining/DTD
Rest will be pool/relax days

Anaheim is closest but $300 a night and security lines on harbor have always been terrible

Raffles is $160 but long distance walk

Stovals is $190 but is close to the buses. Which also can have long lines in the morning and evening. And if it dumps into harbor security (like it does sometimes) it's an even bigger mess

So help me weigh the pros and cons. Since we're trying to save to do the VIP tour, I'd really like save on the hotels. But man thinking of those nights after park days makes it temping.

Disneyland Hotel would be ideal, but about $700 a night out of our budget :charac2::rotfl2:

The only other harbor hotel we were considering is Desert Inn and Suites but they are already booked full. I like BW because I'm a platinum member there and they all have a full hot breakfast which is a must. Not just pastries and juice to go. And a clean pool

Thanks for the info. Looks like we're going to splurge at either Park Place or Anaheim Inn. Glad to know harbor seems to be doing better. I'll follow up in Dec so see if we can get a good estimate on decent times to head over to the parks

Last edited:
Have you considered BW Park Place Inn? They're right across the street from the Harbor entrance. Many of their rooms are 2 queens with a sofa bed. They have the hot breakfast, and even offer breakfast delivery to your room.

We stayed at BW Anaheim Inn last year and loved it. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite (1 bathroom).

Have you considered BW Park Place Inn? They're right across the street from the Harbor entrance. Many of their rooms are 2 queens with a sofa bed. They have the hot breakfast, and even offer breakfast delivery to your room.

We stayed at BW Anaheim Inn last year and loved it. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite (1 bathroom).
The 2 min walk difference between anaheim inn and park place in wasn't worth the extra 70 a night. Plus the breakfast at captains next door has always been a hassle finding seating compared to anaheim inn

The security lines on Harbor are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. If it were me, I would only consider BW Anaheim Inn (or Park Place as mentioned above).
How recent? We were there in spring last year non spring break time and took just under an hour to get off harbor and then another 45 to get through the turnstiles. Mid week.
One day we got to security about 40 min before they even opened and were up front for rope drop

The other time we showed up after park opening and was still long

Can't remember when we showed up the third day but we still waited

Thinking xmas week will be even worse until they get the same metal detectors as WDW or something

But if it's gotten better since then I wouldn't mind spending the extra money. Especially since one of the kids has very high ADHD and another member of our party has autism so we want to limit line time as much as we can

I would pick Anaheim inn. We had a good stay there.

If you want a hot breakfast and like having a variety of room layouts, you could also consider desert palms. It’s a further walk, but it has a full hot breakfast. And it has a variety of room choices and suites. It’s on the corner of harbor and Katella.

Have a fun trip!

We went last November and stayed at Suncoast Park Hotel and never had any trouble getting through security on Harbor. Longest we ever waited was probably 5 minutes.

We usually go at Christmas time and stay at BWPPI, and have never had an issue getting through security relatively quickly. Certainly never more than 10 minutes; I'd say more commonly in under 5.

Yesterday we got to security at 8:02 and in DCA at 8:18. Today we got through security and into Disneyland within 8 minutes (we arrived at security at 7:45am).

We have stayed at all of the BW hotels except Raffles. Being close is worth more money but if you want to save money we thought the walk from Stovall’s Inn was fine and the hotel was good. Pavilions is a bit farther but it was good too particularly for the proce.

I've stayed at both BW Park Place Inn and BW Anaheim Inn. Both are great, and both have been refurbished. If the price is the same at each of these spots, I always go with Park Place Inn, I mean it's literally at the cross walk. But if Anaheim Inn is cheaper than I go with them. It's just a little bit further walk and they let you park there on your day of check-out until 3pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter