HELP ME PICK Oct or Nov

DreamtheImpossible

Mouseketeer
HELP! :crazy2:

My family of 8 has a Disney trip currently planned for October 23-29th. We do NOT have OBB tickets. We are traveling with 4 kids, ages 15, 10, 6, and 3.

Would it be MORE or LESS busy to go November 14-19th?

We would have 5 day park hoppers with Genie+.

This is my 15, 6, and 3 yr old's first trip! As well as 2 adults first trip.

I LOVE Disney for Halloween, but my 3 year old is a little scared of spooky things, and with IASW closed (and Toontown), I worry about the amount of things he can do.

There is also no parade for Halloween time, and the park reservations look SCARY. o_O

What would you do?

I would personally choose Nov because Holiday decorations will start going up. Busy is hard to predict now. I have gone during Halloween and it was crazy packed, especially on the days we did not have a OBB ticket I have gone also on veterans day weekend with adding one or two days to the 3 day weekend and it has been great. Not that busy at all. But that can all change this time around. Very unpredicatble. I love the holidays so if i did not have a OBB ticket I would go then instead of during OBB dates.

I like that the hours for the October dates are posted. 8am to midnight for your October dates. Not sure what they will be for the November dates.

The longer hours are always a favorite for me.

FYI, I believe your 60 day dining reservation window would be happening right now so if you are looking at November, I would be booking dining.

My family alternates between that week of November and fall break in October. We absolutely love both times. Weather tends to be cooler in November (albeit more chances for rain). I would agree that it would normally be less crowded because there aren’t as many breaks from school. I love both decoration times so much. Without OBB tickets and if you feel you’re older kids are fine missing school I would pick November for your first time. I do think that Halloween decorations combined with the party and not having to miss school(especially important now that my kids are older) - October has a slight edge despite the probable higher crowds.

Last edited:
I would personally choose Nov because Holiday decorations will start going up. Busy is hard to predict now. I have gone during Halloween and it was crazy packed, especially on the days we did not have a OBB ticket I have gone also on veterans day weekend with adding one or two days to the 3 day weekend and it has been great. Not that busy at all. But that can all change this time around. Very unpredicatble. I love the holidays so if i did not have a OBB ticket I would go then instead of during OBB dates.
The holidays will be in full swing (start Nov. 11) with Christmas Fantasy Parade and It’s a Small World open with the holiday overlay.

To the op, I would choose the November dates 100%!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter