Help me pick a signatue!

stephyamber

Mouseketeer
Which one would You choose? California Grill, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, or Le Cellier? We've been over and over the menus and it all sounds really good. Having a hard time only choosing one.

It really depends on what type of food you prefer. DH and I love CG and their new menu after the refurb. We liked it so much that we came back and did their Omakase sushi experience. :thumbsup2

I may be alone in this, but a "signature experience" means an intimate one. All of the restaurants you've mentioned can deliver an excellent meal but with a, sometimes, chaotic atmosphere. I look for a calmer tone so I'd choose Artist Point or Jiko. If paying OOP, then Victoria & Albert's would be added to the list. I like Blue Zoo, as well, but it's volume was a bit high.

If your list is final, then I'd choose Narcoossee's or Flying Fish with California Grill coming in as second tier, just because of the wildly diverging reviews of late. Not because of personal experience.

I've dined at those four and I would rate them like this: California Grill, Flying Fish, LeCellier, Narcoossee's, with Cali Grill far and above second place. (Disclaimer: I haven't been to CG since the refurb.) Speaking of Jiko, as a PP mentioned, that is my overall favorite, just nudging out CG.

We do have 2 young children. Were were originally going to do a few signature meals but decided just to try one on our first trip. We are doing CRT for the kids, so we wanted something more our speed. We were leaning more towards CG just for the view alone, but the menu doesn't wow me as much as some of the others.

If you see Wishes in the MK there's really no need to see it again from CG. The view is better in the park, I think. If another restaurant appeals to you more, go with that.

The problem with the view at CG (and Narcoossee as well) is that if you don't get a window table, you haven't got much of a "view" unless you go outside.

The problem with the view at CG (and Narcoossee as well) is that if you don't get a window table, you haven't got much of a "view" unless you go outside.

...and even a window table at Narcoossee will probably be blocked by people who do go outside to watch.

Out of the ones on your list, Flying Fish is our favourite - DD10 and DS7 love it there too. But our personal favourite signature is Artist Point! We liked CG, but we haven't been there since it was refurbished, so I don't know about the new menu.

Which one would You choose? California Grill, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, or Le Cellier? We've been over and over the menus and it all sounds really good. Having a hard time only choosing one.

Out of your choices, we've only eaten at Le Cellier and won't be returning. I found the atmosphere chaotic and the tables were close together, making for a not so great dining experience (IMO). The food was ok, but nothing to rave about. A lot of people love LC, but it wasn't for us. With that said, we will be trying Narcoossee's on our next trip. Good luck with your decision.

We have been to them all recently and they are all wonderful! I would personally pick California Grill during Wishes. It is a must do for us. Second, I would say Le Cellier.

Enjoy!

We loved Narcossee's and Flying Fish. The atmosphere on the Boardwalk is fun for kids as well, with street performers, games, and ice cream.

I've only been to Flying Fish and Le Cellier. California Grill is a definite on my next trip!

Le Cellier was several years ago. The food was good. The tables are SO close together. I would maybe go back, but there are many places I like better and more to try.

My most recent trip I went to Flying Fish! I really enjoyed everything about that dining experience. It wasn't quiet, but not too loud either. Great service. Had the duo - NY strip and potato-wrapped red snapper and on a recommendation the mac n cheese!!! I would go back just for that :) Plus I love riding the boat up to the Boardwalk for dinner at dusk or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter