Help me out with rating some options?

Jaina

Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.
We are planning a girls' trip either the third weekend in October or the first weekend in November. (Which one depends on one friend's work schedule, which she can't find out for a few more weeks) They both live in the Anaheim area and have AP's, so we want to do a day at Disney. For the October dates we could either go Friday (when there is a Mickey's Halloween party happening that day) or Monday. (One AP is only week days) Monday would be harder to swing, flight- and childcare wise, but we might be able to. How crazy are Halloween party days for non party-attenders? And if I CAN choose between the Oct days and the Nov days, which would you choose? (I know Nov is Dapper Days, which might lead to more crowds too?)

FWIW... Last fall I felt Dapper Day itself was crowded, but the days around it seemed normal. (And by crowded I mean CROWDED. Fun, but you won't ride a lot.)

FWIW... Last fall I felt Dapper Day itself was crowded, but the days around it seemed normal. (And by crowded I mean CROWDED. Fun, but you won't ride a lot.)
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind!

In the past, when MHP guests could only enter DL three hours before the party started, the overlap period was very busy in the park. This year, they're allowing MHP guests to visit both DL and DCA prior to the party, so it's hard to say whether the crowds in DL will still be as busy or if there will be a "better" distribution. My guess is that DL will still be the more popular park to enter during the overlap period.

October 20 is part of the UEA weekend, which has, historically, been a very popular time to visit to DL. (All/most of the school districts in Utah are 10/19-20, so a lot of folks travel to DL - it's jokingly called "Utah Escapes to Anaheim".) So, if the past is any indicator, that Friday may be very busy in the parks regardless of whether it's a MHP or not. Monday might be a little better in terms of the crowds.

In the past, when MHP guests could only enter DL three hours before the party started, the overlap period was very busy in the park. This year, they're allowing MHP guests to visit both DL and DCA prior to the party, so it's hard to say whether the crowds in DL will still be as busy or if there will be a "better" distribution. My guess is that DL will still be the more popular park to enter during the overlap period.

October 20 is part of the UEA weekend, which has, historically, been a very popular time to visit to DL. (All/most of the school districts in Utah are 10/19-20, so a lot of folks travel to DL - it's jokingly called "Utah Escapes to Anaheim".) So, if the past is any indicator, that Friday may be very busy in the parks regardless of whether it's a MHP or not. Monday might be a little better in terms of the crowds.
Thanks; I -have- heard that is busier, but didn't realize it was that week! We are leaning a little towards Monday and having me take a really early flight back to Phoenix Tuesday morning.

We decided to stick with the October dates (just bought my flights!) and we're planning Monday at the parks. Hopefully it will be a decent day, crowd- and weather-wise. You just can't ever tell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter