Help me make the most of 1 day at Epcot

HollyL

Mouseketeer
Hello! My 12 year old daughter and I will be going to Epcot for a one day birthday trip. I am a DL expert (more times than I can count), and have been to WDW several times, but I have only been to Epcot once, and my daughter has only been once, when she was 5, so it's been awhile. She loves Figment and she loves thrill rides, and she is old enough now that she will enjoy visiting the different pavillions. I just want to make sure we get the most out of our 1 day there. We will be staying at the All Star Music resort, and plan to take advantage of early entry. We will also most likely take a break in the middle of the day to go back to change our clothes/freshen up, etc. and then return to the park for closing. We will also most likely buy Genie +.
As far as Cosmic Rewind, it's a virtual queue at 7am/ and then again at 1pm if we didn't get a boarding group at 7am, right?
Also, as far as the early entry, is the best place to head first the Remy ride, or is that where everyone will go? Would it be better to get a lightening lane with Genie+ for that ride, and then hit the other big ones like Frozen and Test Track?
We will be at the park on a Monday in late April, and I know that there are extended hours if you stay in the deluxe resorts, but with just the two of us and the fact that we will hardly be in the room, I just can't justify spending that much extra money, so we will just plan to stay until 9pm. Is the resort bus the best way to get from All Star Music to Epcot, or are there lesser known alternatives? How early do the busses start running?

Thanks so much for any help/advice you can offer!

Bus would be your best bet from the resort. Not sure how early they start running but definitely before early entry. The earlier you can get on one, the better.

From the main entrance, you'd be better off hitting up Test Track (and if it's down, as it often is, heading up to Frozen). The problem with Remy is that the guests coming in International Gateway will be at a distinct advantage there compared to the main entrance. I would G+ Remy instead.

You are correct on Cosmic Rewind. I don't have any recent experience, but it seems like boarding groups are available for a while after 7:00 a.m., so you probably won't have much difficulty getting a group during that drop.

Even though you're not eligible for Extended Evening Hours, I would make a leisurely exit from Epcot after the nighttime show. Epcot is lovely at night, and you can take your time soaking up the atmosphere without being rushed.

Great advice! Thank you! I am used to giving everyone advice on how to best utilize their time at the DLR, but when it comes to WDW, I know very little!

If you’re using Genie+ , use that for Remy. Rope drop Test Track or Frozen. Guardians VQ is at 7am, then 1 pm. You have to be tapped in to the park for 1 pm drop. I would make a dining reservation for dinner. There’s 2 character dining at Akerhus in Norway w Princesses , Garden Grill with Chip, Dale, Pluto and Farmer Mickey. Plus there’s non character dining in the various countries.

April is Flower and Garden Festival time so character topiaries and food booths around the park. There’s a new Duck Tales interactive game in Play Disney app. MDE app will show you the various character meet and greets around the park. Don’t forget to pick up a birthday button at your hotel front desk or guest relations.

If you're into princesses, check the schedule. They come out for a few hours in the pavilions. It's great to see Belle speaking French in the France pavilion. Jasmine in Morocco, and Aurora too.

You can rope drop Remy if you take an Uber to Boardwalk or Dolphin and come in the back. Then have breakfast in France, hard to argue with that. Ubers have been turned away at Beach Club, which is closer. But I've gotten in before as well.

I suggest you watch the YouTube channel Earscouts. He has the best G+ tutorials. Start with his recent 27 tips video. Then watch the Epcot during a festival video. Even though its over six months old, the only thing that has changed is now you can modify existing LL reservations, so it’s actually easier. In that video he gets a LL for every ride and still has time to do a lot of the other stuff in the park. This will give you a good idea of how to plan your day and what it will take to get everything done.

To be at the front of the rope drop pack, you will need to take the first bus from your resort. Resort busses start running one hour before early entry. I suggest being at the stop 10-15 minutes before that in case it leaves early or a line starts for form.

If you get on Test Track or Frozen during early entry, get an early Remy G+ selection, and get either the 7am or 1pm Guardians VQ, the Rest of the day’s G+ selections will be smooth sailing.

Last edited:

Buy Guardians ASAP if you fail at the 7am drop; it was gone in milliseconds on my last trip.. Rope Drop Frozen. Get a LL for Remy. If you can have 2 people working the app at 7am, I would put one in charge of Guardians and one in charge of Remy.

I haven’t been to EPCOT since Guardians opened but I can tell you that I had success with previous VQ’s using the official world clock website.
Use this as the official time and start clicking a couple of seconds before 7am.
As others said get on the first bus from your resort. You can confirm the time of the first bus at the resort when you check in. Get there a little before that time (10-15 minutes) to be safe.
Start with Frozen or Test track whichever is most important for you or your daughter.
For food look up the different menus for the festival. That’s a great way to see the different countries.

I was at All Star Music back in Feb and the buses start running an hour prior to any opening for that park, like if Epcot EE opens at 8, the buses start at 7 for Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter