• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me make a request.. POR

diznefreak

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are headed for our first trip to WDW and will be staying at POR. We have a garden view room. We will be using Disney transportation. I would like to make a room request. Which buildings would you request? Which is more important? Close to transportation or to pool? We don't mind walking. Our kiddos are 13,10,8.
We will be there March 14-21.
Family of 5.

Last edited:
magnolia terrace in the mansions, IIRC oak manor and parterre place are royal rooms and preferred rooms

Hello! We are headed for our first trip to WDW and will be staying at POR. We have a garden view room. We will be using Disney transportation. I would like to make a room request. Which buildings would you request?

How many are in your party?
What is more important to you, close to pool, close to a bus stop, close to the food court?
When are you going?

We like bldg 38 in AB; 5 min walk to the north bus stop - almost always guaranteed a seat on the bus, only a 7-10 min walk to the food court, away from the crowds so it quiet. Really anywhere at PO-R is great - a whole lot better than Michigan right now ( 65+ inches of snow so far)

We stayed in building 85 of the Mansions. We loved it. It was close to the pool and main building and close to a bus stop.

How many are in your party?
What is more important to you, close to pool, close to a bus stop, close to the food court?
When are you going?
I forgot that important info!! March 14-21 and we are a family of 5. Not sure which is most important..closer to the bus depot or food court? LOL

are you getting 2 rooms or one? if you are all staying in the same room you will be in alligator bayou. I have no experience on that side of the resort and will defer to others who have.

You will not be given a room in the mansions because only the Bayou rooms have the murphy bed which will be necessary for a party of 5, so don't waste a request on the Mansion rooms.

Building 14 is ideal, a super quick walk to the main bus stop, the food court, and the main pool. We have stayed in that building with a River view a few times but I don't know if they have garden view in that building. You can visit the port orleans website which is incredibly detailed and identifies all of the best options for each room category.

the website is portorleans dot org

I forgot that important info!! March 14-21 and we are a family of 5. Not sure which is most important..closer to the bus depot or food court? LOL

Well, with 5 you will be in the Bayou section. So that limits it a bit.

I’d look at the map on page 1 of the POR thread, in the AB section. Those are the rooms/buildings that have 2 queens + Murphy bed and sleeps 5. I’d pick a building close to food court/main buildings for ease of picking up food/mug refills/bus. It will also be close to Old Man Island pool complex, and boats to Disney Springs

We are a family of five too! We have stayed in Building #37 before! It was really convenient to the North Depot bus stop. We literally walked right across the corner of the parking lot and we were there. Also, there is a "quiet" pool nearby in front of Building #36. That was nice at night after the parks to use that one instead of the main pool. The laundry is close to Building #36 also if you need it. The walk to the food court isn't bad. The resort is beautiful! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter