HELP !!me find things to do with a 3 yr old

Mad4Mickey

<font color=FF66FF>All SINGLE Firemen have a MARRI
I am taking my Disney Nephew who will be turning 3 right before we leave . His mom is not coming , he is just going with me and my friend and her son . What is there to do that will alot of fun for him ? I want his first trip to be the best . But do to size Iam not sure where to start .We booked the WL Con. so I think I made a good choice for hotel . I just winder how to keep him busy for 5 days :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I don't think you need to worry - there is plenty to keep you busy :-)

Magic Kingdom will be his favorite, but I would still visit all the other parks, the animals at AK are bound to be a hit, Bear in the Big Blue House and Playhouse Disney at MGM will also be favorites, loads of little things in Epcot, water fountains that you can play in, characters hiding in the back of the countries etc.

Also the water parks are great fun, my dd prefers Blizzard Beach - there is a small area called Tykes Peak with little tiny versions of big slides, she thinks they are great fun.

Bev

Over at MGM, he should enjoy Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area and all the characters he will see.

The pool will probably be his favorite!

Our DS was 3 when we went last summer and it was no problem keeping him busy, busy, busy!! MK will be his favorite- there is a lot of stuff for kids his age to do. Dumbo and the Magic Carpet rides will probably be big. The Jungle Cruise was also a biggie for our son. ANother thing that can keep a kid his age busy is snacking. There are tons of snacks to eat, and what 3 year old isn't hungry all the time?!

Ann

Thanks everyone... I guess I was in panic mode LOL my kids are almost 17 and 15 . It has been a long time since I have had to lug a small child and all the "stuff" around WDW. He cant wait to get there he seems almost as excited as I am :)

This might sound a little bizarre but.... when my DS was 3 1/2 I took him on an evening monorail ride. We were staying at Poly, took the rail to the TTC, hopped on the Epcot line, rode that loop back to TTC and finally back to Poly. We got a burger at the hotel, shopped in the Poly gift shop and he loved it! On that trip any transportation was a big enjoyment to him. He loved the water taxi, train, monorail, antique fire truck in MK, etc....;)

Vicb,That's not strange at all. My ds had just turned 3 when we went last June. If you asked him what his favorite ride was, he'd tell you the monorail! LOL

We rode it a few times while we were there, making the whole loop to all of the resorts. He also liked taking the boat from FW to the MK and WL/Contemporary.

He loved the MK the best and really like the "people mover...(I know it's not called that anymore, but I can't remember the name of it) in Tomorrowland. He also like the train, Dumbo, Pooh, Peter Pan, the carousel, and It's a Small World (if you can stand it! LOL)

He liked the shows in MGM (Bear, Beauty, Mermaid) and he liked almost everything in AK...he loves animals.

Epcot I thought would be challenging, but he enjoyed everything we went to. We also have a ds 7, so we had to do something for everyone!

Have a great time!

When my DD was 3, she loved those squirting fountains near Ariel's Grotto, in Toonland & in EPCOT near TT.

Just remember to bring a dry change of clothes. ;)

Head over to Fort Wilderness--visit the petting zoo, do the pony rides, hit the playgrounds, do the Campfire Sing-Along with Chip and Dale and enjoy the movie. You could kill a whole afternoon and evening!

Here are a few of my ds's faves from when he was 3 1/2 yo:

Dinosaur Dig at AK -- he spent hours there digging while I rested w/my feet buried in the soft, cool gravel!

EPCOT - the fountain near the rope drop. It randomly shoots water up out of it. DS played in it for the time we were waiting for rope drop. He was drenched but had a blast! We literally had to drag him out!!!

MGM - the shows are great -- Playhouse Disney, Doug, Lion King, Tarzan Rocks, etc. DS could have watched them again and again! Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playground at MGM -- again, he could have spent the whole day playing around the fun things!

MK - Ariel's Grotto -- more fountains to play in. Toontown was an enormous hit! He could have rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin all day long w/o going on another ride. That was what he loved most at MK!! I think we went on it about 10 times in a row before we convinced him it was time to move onto something else!

Gift shops -- even at 3 1/2, ds loved poking around the gift shops!

If a 3 yo gets bored at WDW, I'd be shocked!!!

My son was a few months short of 3 on our last trip in December. His favorites:

Monorail!
Tram rides to and from the front gates of the parks

Magic Kingdom:
Buzz Lightyear
Tommorrowland Transit authority
Racecars (whatever it is called) I pushed the gas and my son got to steer.
Pooh
Carrousel
Pirates of the Carribean

Epcot:
Fountain, he wanted to watch that forever
All the stuff going on inside Inoventions

Animal Kingdom:
Safari
Boneyard play area
Lion King show - loved the tumble monkeys!

Studios:
Playhouse Disney show
Muppets

He had a great time and still remembers a lot of the trip.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, parades and fireworks. And the characters. He saw every one we coudl stop at.

His favorite was Buzz Lightyear, he appears in the Magic Kingdon as well as the Studios.

Don't forget about Hoop De Doo Review!!!!!
Very fun for kids (and adults)!!!
My DS was 2.5 when he first did the DOO! and loves it. We are doing it again this time.

We're taking our DD this summer and she will be 3 and a half. I'm glad I found this thread...these are great suggestions!
I didn't think of the Hoop de doo revue. The last time I went to it was 10 yrs ago...do the little ones really enjoy it? I'm thinking that might be a fun night for us and my parents who are coming along. Is it near the area where they also have a nightly campfire singalong? Just wondering

Pam

Beach Club Villas July 2003 :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Do you guys think that 3 is young for the whole Pin Trading thing? When my nephew comes over (3 times a week) he always wears my lanyard and shows everyone in the house the "Moush Housh Pinds". Should I get him his own lanyard ? Do you think he will understand trading? Maybe I should let him wear the pins but not let him trade . Let me know what you think .;)

We are not in to the pin trading. I know that my 3 year old son would have little interest in them

My guess is that he will love the boat from WL to Magic Kingdom.

Know ahead of time how tall he is and what he can't ride on; it'll save a lot of disappointment.

We rode Pooh over and over and over and ......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter