Help Me Find a Final Dinner

lynnebla

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are going on a rare trip without kids for my birthday. We always get QS dining plan with kids, but got the full one this time. I want to make the most of our TS meals while we're there. I have reservations for Chefs de France, Ohana, and Homecomin. I'm trying to pick our last TS and can't decide! We're at Animal Kingdom that day and may go back for evening, but I'm open to travel almost anywhere for dinner. Suggestions from our well versed group here?

Are you willing to use 2 credits for a signature or does it have to be a 1 credit meal? For 2 credits, you can't go wrong with either California Grill, Flying Fish, Narcoosee's or Jiko!

Are you willing to use 2 credits for a signature or does it have to be a 1 credit meal? For 2 credits, you can't go wrong with either California Grill, Flying Fish, Narcoosee's or Jiko!

I'm really trying to stick to 1 credit. We're there 4 nights, 5 days, so we're already going to end up paying for some meals. I did have a Le Cellier and canceled it for Chefs de France so that I could have that 1 more credit.

We get to go once a year without kids for race weekends and it is so much fun for us! We absolutely love Yak and Yeti if you decide to go to AK at night. It has become our must-do every trip. We also really enjoy Sanaa at AKL.

Have a great time!

If you're going to be a Animal Kingdom for the day, I highly recommend going over to AKL for dinner at Sanaa. It was one of the best meals that we had during our September 2018 trip. The bread service is some of the best on property. If you go early enough when it is still light out, you will be able to see the animals out on the resort's savannah (make sure to ask for a table near the window)!

If you’re planning on going back to the park after dinner, I suggest Boma (buffet) or Sanaa (table service) at AKL.

My wife and I really enjoy Tokyo Dining. You can look up the reviews online as they are consistently favorable. Of course, the menu must appeal to you and it is back in EPCOT. We normally do not eat in Animal Kingdom...it's a ride Pandora and get out kind of affair.

Last edited:
I am recommending The Wave at the Contemporary. We tried it once with extended family and the service and food was so good! We decided it would be worth a repeat. We love to try new restaurants on our trips, but only a select few get the ranking of "repeat!"

If you time it right with your reservations, after you have dinner you can go out on the patio on the 4th floor and watch the MK fireworks, or maybe take a ride on the monorail after dinner and explore the monorail resorts as a restful yet Disney final night!

We had two meals this trip that we loved. We actually cancelled other reservations to eat at both restaurants twice during our 12 ight stay. Tappan Edo in Epcot and Marie & Enzo's in Disney Springs.

Animal Kingdom Lodge and park have a few great 1 credit choices. These have been named a few times thus far. Sanaa and Boma at the lodge and Yak and Yeti in the park. If proximity is important you are certain to have a terrific meal at any of those choices - slight edge to the first two listed. If proximity is not an issue, Raglan Road is a fun choice - also great food and an amazing dessert - bread and butter pudding. We also love Morimoto but this is one credit for lunch only. Also at DS is Wine Bar George - a very nice spot for a last adult dinner out. Epcot has a few other 1 service credit choices that are very good besides Les Chefs - La Hacienda, Restaurant Marrakesh, and Spice Road Table. So many choices - Just a matter of whether you want to stay near AKL or venture a little further out.

As much as I love Saana I'd prefer Y+Y for dinner since unless you are eating early evening there are less animals to see in the evening.
Another lover of Spice Table here and if you are inclined to visit Disney Springs there is always Wine Bar George which gives a serious bang for the buck

We had a great meal at Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club a few weeks ago. Grand Floridian Cafe is also a favorite of ours for any meal.

Hubby and I are going on a rare trip without kids for my birthday. We always get QS dining plan with kids, but got the full one this time. I want to make the most of our TS meals while we're there. I have reservations for Chefs de France, Ohana, and Homecomin. I'm trying to pick our last TS and can't decide! We're at Animal Kingdom that day and may go back for evening, but I'm open to travel almost anywhere for dinner. Suggestions from our well versed group here?
Sanaa is a great table service at AK Kidani Village. Nice sit down 1 TS. Try the Bread Service for a starter! I like that it’s not a buffet like Boma.

Thanks, everyone! I wish I could try all of these, but we decided to head over to Disney Springs and try Maria & Enzo's. Maybe we'll get another couple trip in the future & be able to do more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter